what to do with car ?? leaky injector

89tird

I bought this car a year ago, non running with blown headgaskets and with electrical problems.. I put around $2500 in replacement and perf. parts and countless hours, its a 93 auto supercoupe with 143,000 miles, zero rust, paint shines great on drivers side, passenger side has some ugly dents.

the car has tons of power and the rear end goes wild when I step on it, pushing 14 lbs of boost. the problems I have is that it sounds like a tractor with bunch of underhood noises and noises under the car,the idle is crappy, top end is awesome, I know i might have an exhaust leak and I have a vacuum leak because it reads 17 at idle, I still havent found the exhaust or vacuum leak though.

The biggest problem now is that when im cruising into 50mph the tranny slips when going into OD i guess so that means I need a new transmission.

what would you do if you were me ? keep putting money into it, buy one in nicher shape or buy a newer different car ??

heres a pic
IMG_1432.jpg

5-speed swap, in the process fix your exhaust leak. research and fix your idle issue as well.. that's me of course maybe you want to just sell it? it's not your only ride right?

I got a crown victoria also, but If i would have to sell, Ill sell this car because im in too deep in the crown vic.

problem is I basically got two project cars , I just finished supercharging my crown vic it needs a dyno tune, I cant drive it much until then. the thunderbird runs good but I need to keep fixing stuff. I rather have one good working car atleast and not two projects

I'd say go ahead and hang on to it. looks like a pretty decent car. I imagine that the idle issue is because of that vac leak. As far as the transmission goes, if you don't want to do the 5 speed swap, its pretty easy to get ahold of a cheap tranny and not too difficult to swap it out. Maybe throw a shift kit at it while your in there. They're beautiful cars and you, like many others will regret getting rid of it if you do. That's what I would do at least, just my $.02

I am in the same boat with mine. Sell three for a running one? NAH...keep them all and keep dumping money into them. Lets see...SC with a small block and 5 spd in the process. Bronco with a diesel swap done, in the process of a SAS and blower for that. LX (daily driver) that has now rusted through on the rockers, getting ready for a PI head swap, Crower cams, Bullitt intake, Mark VIII MAF, tune, exhaust, and a good tranny with a higher stall.

Sell them? Why? I would just get something else and dump stupid amounts of money into it.

BTW, show that Vic or post a link.

SWS

Thanks they are 315 still no traction though.

I'm going to take the bird to this shop that let's me work on the car to see if I could find a leak with compressed air, I'm also looking at a jaguar s type r , rwd.4.2 supercharged 400hp what do you guys think?

You need better pix of that and some numbers to share. And, since the big-e has like 20 SCs as it is so you can give it to me.

SWS

Right now I have 4 SCs waiting in line for repairs (audio system repairs, ABS repairs, clutch and trans repairs) to name a few.....:p

Then the head gaskets went on my XR-7 this afternoon.....:mad:

Maybe I don't need another one right now.....:rolleyes:

Right now I have 4 SCs waiting in line for repairs (audio system repairs, ABS repairs, clutch and trans repairs) to name a few.....:p

Then the head gaskets went on my XR-7 this afternoon.....:mad:

Maybe I don't need another one right now.....:rolleyes:

Don't kid yourself, there's always room for one more :p

You need better pix of that and some numbers to share. And, since the big-e has like 20 SCs as it is so you can give it to me.

SWS

I havent dynoed it yet, but should be close to 380-400hp to the wheels stock bottom end, 9psi Intercooled tork tech kit.

I think im going to stop driving the bird for a while so I could go back later on and work on it more.

Im looking at some cars right now that I could finance since the bird and the vic are paid for.

Candidates are 2003+ Jaguar S type R. 4.2L supercharged v8 390 HP.
2000+ Jaguar XKR 4.0 supercharged V8 385 hp
2005-2006 Pontiac GTO. 6.0 N/A 400 hp.

Im not rich the jags have like 50-80k miles:rolleyes:
What do you guys think ??

I believe the first thing I would do is drop the trans pan and change the fluid to Mercon V. Put in a new filter and see what it does. You might be surprised with the results. If you do this, be sure to go to a place that change ALL of the fluid, not just what is in the pan and the tranny. The TQ needs to be changed also Yes, the fluid will mix but you wont get the full advantage of the Mercon V.

Back