tv cable question

RedSC93

When I was removing the nut on the linkage for the tv cable on the tranny side the bolt snapped off. so I drilled the stud out and used a bolt instead. The TV cable seems to be working fine while push on the gas pedal but cant test it out until I finish bolting on the the front end of the engine. My question is when I pull sideways on the linkage it moves in and out a little bit? Not sure if there to be any play in that or not. Also on the stater there is two nuts, I cant remember what one the 12v goes on top or bottom.. Engine went into today really smooth everything lined up great, just ran out of time. Should be on the road tomorrow! But just wanted to check on these first.

Thanks,
Jerry

I would think a small amount of movement of the shaft wouldn't be a problem. Small being less than 1/16".

Don't recall which side the 12V cable goes onto the starter. One way to find out is to touch one of the studs with the cable. If it spins right away... use the other stud. ;)
You can also check this out w/o installing the starter with a set of jumper cables.

I would think a small amount of movement of the shaft wouldn't be a problem. Small being less than 1/16".

Don't recall which side the 12V cable goes onto the starter. One way to find out is to touch one of the studs with the cable. If it spins right away... use the other stud. ;)
You can also check this out w/o installing the starter with a set of jumper cables.

Thanks a big help, :)

Jerry

Back