19" Wheels and Tires?

gmonie6

I've looked on the site and there are a couple of people who have run 19s but I would like some input from you guys.

I'm got a deal lined up for a new look:

Width: Front: 9" / Rear: 10"
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.50 or 5 x 114.3
Diameter: 19 inches
Offset: Front: +35 / Rear: +45:confused:

Tires: Front: 275 / Rear: 295
Aspect Ratio: 35

When I look at the rear wheel well of an SC i always think It should have more rim and a decent amount of tire on the rear. The few I have seen with 19s and it looks great.

I have tried the search but it doesn't like 19.

Would this work? 9 in in front and 9 or 10 in rear? Probably would require some grinding or hammer adjustments in the rear and roll the lips.

I remember a guy in the past few months who sold his car and it had black deep dish 19s. He listed the backspacing and required a rear spacer.

But now I can't find the post.

I used this site for calculations:
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator

All input appreciated

Last edited:
You will have a hard time getting 295 in the back and 275 in the fronts.

Problem is that 19" tires are very expensive and very limited in size and the ones you find end up being too short. Since mostly are made for 350zxs/G35s and mustangs. 20"s actully have become much cheaper then 19's

Plus now you have all of that extra weight away from the center of the wheels which multiply its effect in weight. So less breaking and acceleration, so its not really worth it.

I have 19'' rims on my car. I don't know where they came from though becuase they came on the car when I bought it.

The tires are 245/40-19 and are almost exactly the same circumference and diameter as stock ones. They are the same width as stock ones as well. I think the tires I have are the closest you can get to match the stock numbers... with 19 inch rims. Stock revs per mile are 781.3, and mine are 778.7 revs per mile.

Hope this helps... I don't really know anything about wider tires/rims. :rolleyes:

275/35/19 would be hanging out of the front fender a bit. Better choice for sizes in 19" on an SC would be either 245/40 front and 275/35 rear, or 255/40 front and 285/35 rear.

I had 255/40/19 and 275/35/19 (because the model of tires I chose were not available in 285/35) on my 95, on 9 and 10" wheels. The offsets on the ones you're looking at would be OK, it's just the tire sizes that are not optimal.

As mentioned, 20s are probably cheaper and offer greater selection than 19s, but IMO you're getting to the point where they are going to look too large and "blingy" on an SC.

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks

I don't want that large bling look. Now I have 255/40//17 on Cobra Rs but they look too small in the rear to me. In fact they are shorter than originals.

The backspacing is what worries me.

The backspacing should be fine. +35 on a 9" works for the front, I had +40 with small spacers, so around +37. On the rear my 10" were +40, and could have gone in a tiny bit more. So at the worst with 10" at +45, you might need very thin spacers.

cheers
Ed N.

Unless you have modified your car you might want to verify the bolt circle on those wheels before you put money on them. Our cars --stock --need 5X4.25 or 5X108mm................Dan

Good point Dan. I was assuming that he already had the car hub-swapped, but that was never mentioned.

cheers
Ed N.

I do have all the parts for the hub swap. Haven't put them on yet. I currently have Cobra Rs on one car and stock on the other. But I really like the more modern look of the 19s. Ed's old car is a good example.

Back