This Maybe a Dumb Question!!!

Braff77

So, I have a 92 stock SC..Have a cold air intake and that's it..would it make sense to buy a 5% power pulley..And would I just be able to throw that on there or would I have to get others things done first and then add the pulley..Saw this online..

http://racerwalsh.zoovy.com/product/RWA6503/38_Super_Coupe_Power_Pulley_RWA6503.html

wasn't sure if this was a good deal or should I keep looking..or what? Know "VERY" little except what I read on here about upgrades..and Pulleys..Just trying 2 get here going a little faster then stock..Thanks for the Help in Advance..

New Dumb SC guy!!:D

Brian

That pulley is about 11% OD which is a little much for a stock motor. A 5% is fine though. I run a 10% on a basically stock SC but that is with tuning to go with it.

i did that on my 90' sc 10 years ago, just threw on the 10% od and let her fly, a week later, sputter sputter like a miss, took off the rad cap and saw oil deposits, had 113,000 miles or 181,000kms when i did this, if you dont free up exhaust first you're asking for issues. I'm on my third sc now, finially built bullitproof. good luck.

Simon

agree

totally agree, had 82,000mi on mine and threw 10%od, filter, and mufflers...blew head gaskets twice before I realized it was too much for stock engine.

After getting Great feedback:) I'll make sure I get the other things done first and then add the Pulley..Thanks again..

Back