Another TPS question...

rad_al_

After doing research on the boards and figuring out how to check the TPS, I tried tonight. With Key On Engine Off the voltage was fluctuating, reading .31 to 2.07 & everywhere in between. I tried a few times & it was never steady. Is this a sign the TPS is bad???
Symptoms of my car is lower idle, around 650 (used to idle around 750, maybe 800). Every once in a while it will stall while idling. Also it feels like throttle response is slow.
I have a 94 5-speed with a BBK 75mm throttle body & 76mm C&L MAFS. Few other mods but it was tuned by Dave Dalke in 2005 AFTER everything was installed. Thanks.
-Al

Sounds like you are having a little trouble making contact perhaps? If you are sure about your testing procedure then there is definitely a problem. It should read a steady .8-.9v with the engine idling.

Hey Dave! I tried it a few times & the numbers on the guage were sporadic. Each time testing it would never just stop at a number. I was gonna use the straight pin method but ended up cutting some insulation back on the wire. I used the Middle Green/ Lt Green wire and the Black/ White wire.

Last edited:
Back