PDA

View Full Version : Need help wi Crank Sensor replacement

SonySC
04-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Well I got the SonySC running for a whole five minutes after shearing off the two top jackshaft assy bolts and blowing my belts all to heck. Got her back together but I guess there were still remnants of blown belt fragments wound around my crank snout that I couldn't see underneath the plastic cover.

As I sad it ran for about five minutes until I revved it once, then she just shut off. I think I wiped out my crank sensor. I gues I'll have to remove the radiator (third time) and the crank pulley and plastic sensor cover to get at the belt fragments wound around the crank snout. Any ideas in an easy way to accomplish the task?
George Clarke aka the SonySC@hotmail.com

Ddubb
04-02-2009, 02:43 AM
Check out the link in the Members section ... its called "easy crank sensor replacement" .. ;)

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31567

I might have an extra crank sensor if yours is broken also.

- Dan

91BLOWNBIRD
04-02-2009, 09:40 PM
yea it is pretty easy. taking the bracket off (three small bolts) is probably easiest cause then the sensor position doesn't change. But if you need to replace just the sensor, then leave the bracket and just make sure you have even distance on both sides of the sensor around the metal fin when you install the new one...I have an extra sensor, saw it today, but not sure if it is good. Let me know.

~Jeff