Taking off Intake. (Urgent question please)

My brother is in the next town over and is STUCK while taking off the intake manifold on an '89 Supercoupe.
He explained to me on the phone that something is covering up the last bolt on the intake (on the driver's side). He says this is his last bolt and it is covered up by something that is hooked to a fuel rail?
I have no clue what he is talking about. Can somebody explain to me how to get it off, and possibly send a picture.....
Frank:(

there is a bracket with a bolt that attaches the fuel rail to the driver's side head. its like a 12mm or something.

and its a PITA.

it faces the firewall and is just behind and to the right of the fuel pressure regulator

Last edited:
Well.....

:confused:He got the bolt off, but the for some reason he still cant move the rail?:confused: He speaks of some wierd-looking bracket with rubber in it that won't budge now?:confused:
Frank

Bolt to the back of the head is a 10mm

he also has to remove the 4 torx bolts that hold the rails to the intake manifold they are T-30s if I remember correctly. Once they are removed the fuel rails should lift off the intake manifold allowing him to remove the 15mm intake bolts in the rear.

-Tim

Bolt to the back of the head is a 10mm

he also has to remove the 4 torx bolts that hold the rails to the intake manifold they are T-30s if I remember correctly. Once they are removed the fuel rails should lift off the intake manifold allowing him to remove the 15mm intake bolts in the rear.

-Tim

Thanks very much Tim!:cool:

Back