Rebuild Books?

Dahoopd

Are there any good rebuild books for help? I have been toying with the idea of trying to rebuild this 95 motor myself or if I should just pay to have it done so I don't goof it up. I am only looking for a stock rebuild. Im unsure if its something I could do on my own. I am pretty mechanically inclined but sometimes ~~~~ goes over my head.

Once you get past the fact that its just a bunch of nuts and bolts its really not that bad. Take a lot of pictures, label things if your not sure, keep everything in order and just dummy proof yourself. Measure twice cut once type of thing. I would say yeah its do-able! I would see if you can just find a 95 TBIRD-COUGAR shop manual. They have 3.8 overhaul procedures all listed. Maybe get a Haynes manual too just for comparison, and different perspectives. Just read those over and over until you have the process dialed in and then dive in! :cool:

You are not going to learn any younger and you may just find you "like" doing it. I've always enjoyed taking something broken, figuring out whats not right and making it better....Just a personality flaw I guess....Oh and there is an even chance that you may save a few bucks doing it yourself....I always feel better taking something out and beating on it when I KNOW whats in it.......Dan

Back