a/c delete

I don't belive so. This only has a 6 rib pulley. I used part no. 34180 which is a Motormite ac bypass pulley for a 95 F-450 super duty pickup with a diesel. I got mine at Advance Auto as well but I tried to enter the part no. today on their website and it couldn't find it. Maybe a store can order you up one since they had to order mine as well. Price was 39.98 plus tax. It has a 8-rib pulley like we need and all you have to do is clearance the rear hole to match ours and buy some shorter bolts. Also I had to use the supplied pulley spacer that came with it to get the belt alignment right. No problems so far after 11 months. Eriks

Correct, that one looks like a 6 rib... And an 8 rib is needed.

This is the one I have from napa. Part number 660-1828.

Do a search and you can find lots of good info on AC deletes.

Hey thanks man, I will go and get that today. I found a better way to use the search engine, every time I search for something its to long so I just put (+) between the words and it helps :D Like a/c+Delete+bracket just an FYI.

Jerry

I just did the AC delete a couple days ago. Instead of using the big idler pulley where the AC compressor would normally go...I used the reverse tensioner from a mustang, and switched it to an 8 rib belt like described in this link. I think it's a much cleaner setup than using the standard length belt and dummy AC pulley.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100885&highlight=delete+mustang

I had to use one 5/8" flatwasher behind the pulley and do a little clearance filing on the arm of the tensioner to keep from rubbing the edge of the pulley. I also used the stock tensioner mounting bolt so all my pulleys and tensioners could be removed with the same size wrench. NOTE: If swapping the 6 rib stock pulley to 8 rib like I did, you should also know that the bolt that holds the pulley to the tensioner arm has LH threads, and must be turned clockwise to remove.

NA V6 Mustang tensioner 1994-2004 Four Seasons #45873 (RockAuto.com)
NAPA 25-08560 8 rib belt or Gates K080560
Dayco 89053 8 rib pulley

David

Attachments

• IM003765.JPG
    IM003765.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 2,232
Last edited:
so how are you bolting the tensioner up? is there something i'm missing from my stock sc tensioner to go along with that one? i ordered the mustang tensioner, along with the 8 rib pulley but can't for the life of me figure out how to set the damn thing so that it has tension?!?:mad:

I just did the AC delete a couple days ago. Instead of using the big idler pulley where the AC compressor would normally go...I used the reverse tensioner from a mustang, and switched it to an 8 rib belt like described in this link. I think it's a much cleaner setup than using the standard length belt and dummy AC pulley.

David

dave, what is the number on that belt ? and is the tensioner from an n/a bird ?

we have exactly the same pulley setup so whatever u have should fit perfect on mine.

so how are you bolting the tensioner up? is there something i'm missing from my stock sc tensioner to go along with that one? i ordered the mustang tensioner, along with the 8 rib pulley but can't for the life of me figure out how to set the damn thing so that it has tension?!?:mad:

look at the thread that Dave highlights and notice the positioning of the 2 tabs on the back of the tensioner highlighted with red and blue dots.

Last edited:
dave, what is the number on that belt ? and is the tensioner from an n/a bird ?

we have exactly the same pulley setup so whatever u have should fit perfect on mine.

NA V6 Mustang 1994-2004 Four Seasons #45873 (RockAuto.com)
NAPA 25-08560 8 rib belt or Gates K080560
Dayco 89053 8 rib pulley

The tensioner comes with a 6 rib pulley.

Last edited:

I couldn't get it to go on either. I cut the red pin off the back of the tensioner and drilled the hole out to be slightly larger for the blue pin, then it fit fine.

AC-Delete1.jpg

David

I couldn't get it to go on either. I cut the red pin off the back of the tensioner and drilled the hole out to be slightly larger for the blue pin, then it fit fine.

AC-Delete1.jpg

David

I did drill out the one hole but I was able to put in on like in the picture.

Last edited:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100885&highlight=delete+mustang

I had to use one 5/8" flatwasher behind the pulley and do a little clearance filing on the arm of the tensioner to keep from rubbing the edge of the pulley. I also used the stock tensioner mounting bolt so all my pulleys and tensioners could be removed with the same size wrench.

David

I am doing it the same way Dave did his. I am just waiting for the tensioners to come back from the powdercoating place. Its a much cleaner look. Thanks Dave for sending me the part info.

Has anyone using this style of AC delete tried running with underdrive crank and waterpump pulleys, but a stock diameter alternator pulley ? If so what belt number/length did you use ?

I'm having some low voltage issues at idle that I think is causing the injectors to flake out. Once the motor is warm voltage is falling off to as low as 11.5 v at 1000 rpm idle. I need at least 13 volts.

I can swap to stock diameter alternator pulley and try to locate a shorter belt, or do the same and clock the tensioner to take up the slack. I'm also looking into having my spare alternator rebuilt to put out more voltage at idle and retain the underdrive pulley. This is what I have now. Crank pulley is 6" OD and alt pulley is 3" OD.

attachment.php

David

Edit 03-23-11 Made and installed a 2-5/8" pulley on the alternator for increased voltage at idle. See this post for pictures and results.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=935295&postcount=11

Last edited:
Back