Yaaay...all of my seals are dying (and more)

Johnny_Squirrel

I had the feeling some of the seals on my engine would start to leak after I started driving it (since the car sat so long). I always have the smell of buring oil inside the car (not really bad, but apparent), so I've looked all over to try and figure out where some of my oil leaks are coming from. I've noticed a bit of oil at the back of the valve cover on the passenger side of the engine, but I've also noticed a fair amount where the trans meets the engine. I'm hoping that's just runoff from up by the valve cover, but I'm not ruling out the main seal...which would suck...because I leave for college on Oct. 4th.

I also just noticed my snout seal on the blower is beginning to puke. I wiped my hand underneath and got some good ol' smelly oil all over my hand. It's not a bad leak yet, but it's enough to notice.

I'm trying to sell my old car to have money to fix the SC up before school. I may need to have the clutch replaced. I know there's a problem with it since I have to wait about 10 seconds for the damn thing to spin down after pushing the clutch in to shift into gear. It sucks at stoplights. If I don't keep the clutch pushed down while waiting I generally have to force into gear (doesn't grind, but I KNOW it's bad to do). Slave cylinder reservoir is full, but I'm assuming it's still on the factory clutch with 114,000 on it.

Anyway, do you think $1,000 could cover clutch replacement, blower snout seal (I'll fix it myself), and rear main seal IF it's bad? If they were replacing my clutch it would be a good time to have the seal looked at, that's for sure.

Thanks for any help.

Oh, by the way, electrical problem still not solved, but I may have someone look at it soon.

-Chris

Back