Cooling fans working intermittently, also rear brakes don't work

MX500

Car info: 1994 Thunderbird SC 127,000 miles, auto, bone stock.

I was reading today and found this helpful thread along with another showing the actual #14 wire:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100256&highlight=wire+cut+fan

I cut the #14 wire and the fan did not operate. I checked the fuses and they are all intact. The fan worked intermittently before I cut the wire, but the car has never held a steady temperature. The car tends to run very hot for my taste but does not seem to actually boil over.

What should I do? Bypass the factory wiring and hook up my own relay/s to a temperature switch to run the fans?

Does anyone know how many amps the large sucker fan draws on the low speed and high speed settings? What about the small frontal pusher fan?

The front brakes of the car work great but the rears do nothing. I put the car on ramps and when I REALLY slammed on the brakes and the fronts locked and pushed the ramps into my garage and the rears didnt even attempt to slow the car.

Put a new gauge temp switch in it. Its not very accurate anyways.

Mine read that it was never heating up., spent the 3 bucks and all is now well.

Thanks but it has a 3 week old temp gauge sensor in it.

The car is now missing on one cylinder after an acceleration contest against a porsche on the freeway... I'm getting a bad feeling about this one. It has spark, the oil is (thus far) water free, and the water is still oil free. The engine still sounds mechanically solid. I'm hoping I fouled a spark plug. It's my girlfriends car and I'd feel like a real jerk if I talked her into killing a cylinder...

Do a cylinder balance test using a scan tool, to verify which cylinder is the one misfiring. Then go from there, Did yu check to make sure the plug wire is seated correctly on all plugs?, Whats your VAC at idle?

And unusual noises?

Back