Intercooler spray bar

thundermax

Has anyone played around with spraying nitrous on stock Intercooler with a spray bar? I have seen others use it on turbo cars and it worked very well.

Also would this be a safer alternative to water/meth injection, I've heard that water/meth injection is very corossive?

there are a few guys running meth, and having good success with it.

it is used to prevent detonation, so if you aren't having an issue with that it might not be high on the list of upgrades.

I have yet to find the need to use it as of right now, but will consider it when upgrading my turbo.

what are you upgrades on the car right now...not to sure if you would need that before other mods...like upgrading the intercooler, air, fuel, exhaust

saw you have exhaust in member page, so thats a start

Last edited:
Has anyone played around with spraying nitrous on stock Intercooler with a spray bar? I have seen others use it on turbo cars and it worked very well.

Also would this be a safer alternative to water/meth injection, I've heard that water/meth injection is very corossive?

Nitrous is expensive. Methanol is cheap, comparatively. 100% methanol is corrosive. 50/50 blend of water and methanol is not any more than what water itself is.

I had a spray bar with C02 on a stock IC. IT picked up like 8 RWHP on the dyno...but it also wasn't working 100%. IT was kind of a pain in the butt for the power.

Thinking about it

I have thinking about going with a DEI CRYo2 system if nothing else to help with consistancy when the weather gets hot outside instead of using 2 20lb bags of ice every Friday night.

If I could just stay consistant and run the same times or very close anyway during the course of the evening or day I would be very happy.

Any other thoughts on using it for this purpose, not really looking to gain RWHP,

Smitty

I put the Snow Boost Cooler on mine to help with consistency and prevent detonation and it seems to help up to a point. My last time out I ran two 13.38's and a 13.42 until the dew set and I picked up and broke out with a 13.15. This is with a 5 spd so any consistency at all is welcome.:D

I've seen a bone stock srt-4 gain about 40hp on the dyno and even more torque just by spraying the stock IC.

I think even a bone stock sc could benefit from this, I wasn't sure if anyone has tried this before on a stock IC.

Cant really compare a srt-4 to an sc but I'm sure there is some gains that can be made.

your best bet is to upgrade the intercooler to a front mount and use a snow boost cooler set-up if your intake temps are still too high and get a tune.

I'd say its almost a waste on the stock intercooler, its too small to begin with so you are better off upgrading it. my .02:)

Back