Brake assembly lube?

Evan_90SC

I've got a pair of PBR dual piston calipers that I will be putting on my car after I get some 93+ spindles. The calipers are used, and I am going to blow them apart to clean them up, paint them, and regrease everything.

My question is: What would be the best grease to use on the caliper pistons? I'm thinking silicone assembly lube, but is any type ok? Like just something basic from the local auto parts store?
Also, what is the best grease to use on the slide pins? I'm thinking I probably want to replace the pin boots as well... If I buy a pin kit that comes with the pins, screws, and boots, does it also come with grease?

Any input on what you guys have done would be great!

Thanks!
-Evan

Alright thanks. I know that there is such thing as GM specific brake assembly lube for GM cars... I just wasn't sure if there was something like that for Fords.

DOT 4 brake fluid for our cars, correct?

I had done a search... And I found that it was swaying either way, some use DOT 3 and others use DOT 4. The only difference between them is that 4 has a higher boiling point and doesn't absorb water as much, right? So I guess it doesn't really matter which I use...?

Back