Not an SC problem but I need help

Paulio91184

This is Not an SC problem but since you guys are so good I was hoping you could help me with a problem on my jeep. I'm sorry for posting on the SC site but I trust you guys more than the jeep guys.

I will be driving along and all of a sudden my voltage meter will peg to 19 for about 30 seconds and then go back to normal...occasionally it will flicker between 10 and 19 and everywhere in between making my headlights flicker like a police car... any ideas?? There's about 11k on the alternator.

you may have a failing phase in the alternator. it is a three phase generator, of one goes out you will have a slight change in voltage through out the system. find a shop that will do a charging system diagnosis. it is either that or loose ground wire for the head lamps.

Jerry

Thanks guys,
Jerry, it's definitely not the lights, you can hear the fuel pump speed up, windows and wipers go faster, things like that so i'm certain that it's the charging system.

Has a voltage regulator problem. Unfortunately being a Chrysler it is internal to the Alternator....So there for you know what comes next. 4.0L or 2.5L?

Back