PDA

View Full Version : Powered by Ford show at Sun State Ford

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-09-2009, 07:56 AM
well here it is i have bin talking to my controller and got the OK to have a show at the dealership so here it is
so i hope you guys will be there
it's Sunday april 26th 2-4 reg at 1:30
Chris

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Some day I will learn how to use the computer
Hereís the flyer I tired to upload earlier today
Chris

P S if someone could post this over on TCCOA I would love to see some t-birds and coughers thanks :D

SuperChicken89
04-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm gonna try and have the SC ready for this show. I still have lots to do and very little time to get it done in. If the SC isn't ready, then it will be the Shelby again.

I just noticed the flyer has my brother's 85 Mustang vert which was photographed at Daytona Speedway. I wonder if he gets any residuals for using it?

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-09-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm gonna try and have the SC ready for this show. I still have lots to do and very little time to get it done in. If the SC isn't ready, then it will be the Shelby again.

I just noticed the flyer has my brother's 85 Mustang vert which was photographed at Daytona Speedway. I wonder if he gets any residuals for using it?

Bryan

yes isn't it pretty:D shhhhhhhh he gets choice of parking space:rolleyes:
thats if Glenn is coming
i told Glenn i would run a shuttle for him so he can have more then one car and i would be happy to extend that to you to if you want to bring the fleet :eek:
Chris

Flip
04-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I'll Show up:D but I don't think the SC will be done by then.

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-10-2009, 02:47 PM
I'll Show up:D but I don't think the SC will be done by then.

i think you are milking that job
i'll tell you what i can tow it over on sat and back on mon:eek::eek:
or you can put the e-van in

Chris

Flip
04-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Oh yea, I'm really milking it. :D:D:D
Really,the last thing I want to do is rip the SC apart again. :D

kamakazie_1
04-11-2009, 05:21 AM
Oh yea, I'm really milking it. :D:D:D
Really,the last thing I want to do is rip the SC apart again. :D

This means he hasn't started it yet!!:D:D

I'll be there..

Flip
04-11-2009, 01:17 PM
This means he hasn't started it yet!!:D:D

You are right, after months of no or very slow work. Business is in high gear, Disney has dumped a ton or work on us for the next 2-3 months with more coming. So have to work making money before work spending it.:D Have to replenish the savings that was depleted over the last 3-4 months.

So the SC will have to fit in whenever it can, since the only workspace I have is my shop.

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-12-2009, 10:15 AM
hey flip
we missed you at mustangs & mustangs
good to hear you are busy maybe that will bleed over to the rest of us :D
happy easter
Chris

Flip
04-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey, I did pull it out, wash and clean it up today.:):)

kamakazie_1
04-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Like I tell Bryan all the time pulling them out and washing them is always good.. makes them feel used!! :D We missed you Flip, but I was the only supercoupe judged and Bryan was the only GT-H and niether of us got a mention... Good turn out though and a great weather day...

RJ

kamakazie_1
04-22-2009, 06:04 AM
Hey Chris everything still a go for this weekend?

RJ

SuperChicken89
04-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Hey Chris everything still a go for this weekend?

RJ

I hope so.... I'm thrashing to get the SC ready in time. The MPX blower goes on tonight:D Then it should be just routine reassembly... if anything is routine with a SC:rolleyes: Hope to fire it up Saturday if all goes well.

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-22-2009, 10:03 PM
yes RJ all is going well
lots of work to do sorry i haven't bin on the last few days
can't wait to see what kinda turnout there will be
but it looks good so far

Bryan
hope you can get it all together for Sunday but i am sure you have a backup car:D:D

Greg we missed you out at Polk co. hope to see you here on Sunday

Glenn you back in this country ?? hope you can make it

Dan i would love to see your bird i looks kewl on your member's page

i know Flip will be there with the e-150 SC :D

Chris

kamakazie_1
04-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I've got about 30 hrs in to 3 coats of Zaino Brothers on this puppy, it looks great now, wheels still look like crap but I think I have a line on a company to strip and PC them for me, not before the show..

Get-R-dun Bryan!!

RJ

Has anyone heard from Dano?? I hope he comes down for this also, I'd like to see his car again..

SuperChicken89
04-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Get-R-dun Bryan!!

RJ

Has anyone heard from Dano?? I hope he comes down for this also, I'd like to see his car again..

I'm working on the car every night I can. The MPX is bolted on as well as the MP 10% crankshaft pulley. I always forget just how many things have to be disassembled just to change one item. Just to change the crankshaft pulley, I had to remove the radiator fan shroud and to remove the radiator shroud the upper radiator hose has to be removed which means the cooling system had to be drained:rolleyes: And thatís why it takes so long just to accomplish one task on these cars. I think or should I say I hope that will be the last thing to disassemble before finally assembling everything for the last time. I'm guessing I have about 3-4 hours of work before it's started up time. I'll know more Saturday:D

I haven't talked to Dan about this show and I don't think he has been on the board here recently. I'll call him and mention it.

Bryan

onequiksc
04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm 50/50 on coming right now Chris, been sick (though on the mend) and I may need the down time since I've got to work some on Saturday.

Sounds like a good event though, so I'll play it by ear.

Thanks for putting it together Chris, hope to see you guys one way or the other in the next couple months.

I plan on the New Smyrna Canal St show on May 9th. Big show, and haven't done it in quite a while.

TTYS

Dan

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-24-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm 50/50 on coming right now Chris, been sick (though on the mend) and I may need the down time since I've got to work some on Saturday.

TTYS

Dan

sorry to hear that hope you are feeling better
Chris

kamakazie_1
04-24-2009, 08:28 PM
:D Those trips to upper mongolia are tough on us old guys!! :D

RJ

Cobra85
04-25-2009, 12:45 AM
Yea,
Been busy since returning. I'll be there with the Stang. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Cobra85
04-25-2009, 12:47 AM
I plan on the New Smyrna Canal St show on May 9th. Big show, and haven't done it in quite a while.

Oohh, that one sounds good. I'll try to talk Bry into doing this one. I'll even clean up the ol' red 91 & bring her.

SuperChicken89
04-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Well the SC is running once again. This time without header leaks:D I guess it is sealed up finally! I'll be there tomorrow with the SC looking even prettier under the hood. Powder coated a few more parts including the alternator. That Harbor Freight $59 powder coating setup has paid for itself several times over.

Oh yea I forgot to mention..... the MPX blower is gonna be fun. I haven't pushed it too hard yet. But I will within the next few days:D I'll have to schedule the dyno for one day next week to check the AF ratio. Then once I know the AFR is safe... it's track time before the real summer heat moves in.

See everyone there tomorrow.

Bryan

kamakazie_1
04-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Peeerdy!!!! too sharp! Oh, AHHHHHH my parts next!! :D:D

RJ

kamakazie_1
04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Heck of a nice day for it Chris, couldn't have asked for a more plesant day to bring out the grarage queens!! Nice parking too, I'd like to have that tent at every show we go to, that was comfortable, all and all a great day, glad to see everyone, missed the ones that weren't there..

Dan we're going to have to get you back up and running with that Black Mirror or yours, I miss you guys at the shows!!

It was fun everyone, glad I made another one!! Great job Chris putting on the show!! is it going to be an annual?? I heard what appeared to the be bosses saying they were really pleased with the turn out when Thomas and I went up to the show room.. Good luck with the review!!

And as usual, congrats to Bryan and Glen for taking their respective classes!!

RJ

Flip
04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Nice day to see everybody, sorry I ran out on everybody at the end. Talking to my son Mike in Denver and just zoned out.:eek: Chris, nice show and you did a great job. Good to see so many SC's showing hope it will be around next year.
Maybe I get get mine up to speed for the class next year.:D
Flip

kamakazie_1
04-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Those two do need some competion Flip, mine will never come close your's Brad's and Dan's are the healthiest till Chris starts working more on his.. it was good to see Greg out there too... Love it when we get all of them together, Thomas is kicking himself for selling his to Brandon.. kIDS!! :mad:

RJ

SuperChicken89
04-26-2009, 10:35 PM
All I can say is... great job Chis! You really did a spectacular job putting this show on and thanks for the tent:D That was really a god send today with the sun. For a first year show the turn out was great. Next year should even be better.

As always, it was great to see the gang again. Not a bad turn out considering there arn't many of us diehards left. Maybe next year we can coax a few more out... the running ones that is:D

Flip. I'm sure you'll get the SC up and running again as soon as things with work settle down a little. But for now you have to make money when there is money to be made.

Again, Chris great job!

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
04-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks guys
means allot coming from guys that have bin to a few shows :D:D
i hope the next one will be better
it was great to see everyone again

and i think i am going to turn only 30 more cars to put away but for now alittle sleep would be good

thanks again guys
chris

kamakazie_1
04-30-2009, 12:01 AM

TTYS

Dan

Hey Dan do they have anything on the web on this show, I'll create a post and stick in to the top if you want, just send me the info..

RJ

SuperChicken89
04-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Hey Dan do they have anything on the web on this show, I'll create a post and stick in to the top if you want, just send me the info..

RJ.... I don't think there is anything on the web specific to this monthly Cruise-In. I know the information can be found in Mike Kelly's Cruise News monthly publication.

The New Smyrna monthly Cruise-In is held the 2nd Saturday of every month on Canal St just off of US1 a few blocks north of SR 44 & US1 junction. The Cruise-In starts at 4:00pm and runs to 8:00pm. You just show up,park on the streets, hang out, and go home.

I don't know if we will be able to make this one. I am scheduled to fly out of town early Sunday morning on business. May we can make it the following month.

Bryan

kamakazie_1
04-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh, I thought he meant an actual show.. I remember going to the Cruise it one time...

Maybe Joyce and I will take a ride up there and see what's up..

RJ

onequiksc
05-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Not that I know of RJ...but I'll check and see if I can find anything, and forward it to you if I do,

Thanks!

Dan