dorman 94-95 harmonic balancer?

sinhumane

is the dorman part listed at autozone the correct part for my car? i plan on picking one up, but the other one they offer is a pioneer that looks right... dorman balancer is 65 bucks, the pioneer is 150. the dorman is a stock photo as far as i can tell, judging from the ribs on it...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?categoryDisplayName=External+Engine&fromType=parts&fromString=search&parentId=cat10010&currentPage=1&filterByKeyWord=balancer&isSearchByPartNumber=false&navValue=15300665&categoryNValue=15399999&fromWhere=&itemId=prod11042&displayName=Harmonic+Balancer&searchText=balancer

i didnt post this for a discussion about longevity, alternative balancers, etc.. i know the deal and dont need to hear it.

looking at the dorman closer.. its for a 2.2 honda accord... i dont forsee using an h22 balancer... pioneer is the right one..

now, as for a repair sleeve for it, my outer ring is just loose, no damage to the hub or anythign crazy like that.. would i be able to use a felpro repair sleeve? it looks like its jsut a replacement rubber lining that you glue into place.

looking at the dorman closer.. its for a 2.2 honda accord... i dont forsee using an h22 balancer... pioneer is the right one..

now, as for a repair sleeve for it, my outer ring is just loose, no damage to the hub or anythign crazy like that.. would i be able to use a felpro repair sleeve? it looks like its jsut a replacement rubber lining that you glue into place.

When you cheap out, dont expect to see good results...a busted crank being the worst.

Get ahold of damper doctor at the VERY LEAST!

or BJH

i didnt post this for a discussion about longevity, alternative balancers, etc.. i know the deal and dont need to hear it.

did i not make it clear enough? i'm looking at an oem replacement, nothing more, nothing less.. these balancers are NEW not rebuilt, made with todays technology, todays compounds, and are undoubtedly more reliable than a stock one.

i dont need someone spouting the general consensus of the forum to me like they know what they are talking about. i explicitly stated that for this very reason. i want a clear answer, and not opinions about something completely off topic.

now, continuing on, i will have the dorman part in my hands tonight to verify, but i'm pretty sure its a mixed up part number, as a google search for the same part number brought up a balancer for a honda h22a motor in the accord/prelude.

the alternate one, the pioneer, can be ordered, and appears to be exactly what i need, and at 126.99, its three-fold cheaper than the bhj, direct fit, requires no machining, no cursing, and i will be happy for another 150k miles, if my engine even lasts that long.

did i not make it clear enough? i'm looking at an oem replacement, nothing more, nothing less.. these balancers are NEW not rebuilt, made with todays technology, todays compounds, and are undoubtedly more reliable than a stock one.

i dont need someone spouting the general consensus of the forum to me like they know what they are talking about. i explicitly stated that for this very reason. i want a clear answer, and not opinions about something completely off topic.

now, continuing on, i will have the dorman part in my hands tonight to verify, but i'm pretty sure its a mixed up part number, as a google search for the same part number brought up a balancer for a honda h22a motor in the accord/prelude.

the alternate one, the pioneer, can be ordered, and appears to be exactly what i need, and at 126.99, its three-fold cheaper than the bhj, direct fit, requires no machining, no cursing, and i will be happy for another 150k miles, if my engine even lasts that long.

The only fct stated being i WORK there, i LOOKED...so be that as it may.

So if you didnt want any feedback, why didnt you keep the information to yourself? And for the statement about me THINKING I know what im talking about, please... Been there done that, so have many others. If you want your stuff to fail now then replace it again, go for it sparky

is the dorman part listed at autozone the correct part for my car? i plan on picking one up, but the other one they offer is a pioneer that looks right... dorman balancer is 65 bucks, the pioneer is 150. the dorman is a stock photo as far as i can tell, judging from the ribs on it...

uhhhh... this was the original question, whether it would work or not... i got to the store earlier and got ahold of the balancer they had transferred... the guy actually tried to tell me that it was the correct one!

i promptly took the box and the parts guy outside to my car, popped the hood, and proceeded to ask him where i was going to install this HONDA part?

he eventually ordered me the right one.. 126.99, will have it in 4 days.

i grabbed an intake gasket kit, along with water pump and timing cover gaskets. i figure i might as well swap in my ported intake and cmre along with my new lifters and pushrods. replace the balancer while its down that far.

tony, no beef towards you, but i was on a time crunch, had searched, but couldnt find anything that offered any insight, and i didnt need a discussion about the pros and cons of a bhj. i could have easily searched and not posted if that were the case. dont you think bhj balancers would be a ton cheaper from them selling so many if this is what every failed sc balancer was replaced with? simple fact, new aftermarket balancers work for as long as they are needed.

I see, to harm done. I was just letting you know the better options out there, I dont know damper doctors turn around time, but i think there about the same price

I tried locally for a balancer for my 91 and could not source one locally. Then I tried the SC shops listed on this forum and nobody at any of the shops answered their phone yesterday, but spinning wheels just called. Here in OK they kept saying 315 for the Dorman and nobody had them in stock. The Ford dealer wanted over 400. Needless to say, I will wait for a BHJ. I know I could save a little bit of money on the others online, but most everything I read is the Dorman does not seem to last and the chance of it taking other things out when it fails is not worth it to me.

autozone has teh pioneer balancers for 126.... but that is a late model balancer. ford dealership said mine is obsolete, and there isnt a single one available.

You are going to be SOL. There is no aftermarket balancer other than the BHJ unit for the 94-95 SC. The one you got is going to be an external balance for an N/A 3.8L

You are going to be SOL. There is no aftermarket balancer other than the BHJ unit for the 94-95 SC. The one you got is going to be an external balance for an N/A 3.8L

He doesn't want our opinions please!!!!!:rolleyes:
I tried to tell him that but as you read above you will see

The vin code listed for the balancer is correct. I=m confident its the correct one

Unfortunately, you're probably going to be disappointed. You're talking about the Pioneer part #DA-2320? Autozone lists it for the SC, and in the notes it lists OEM part #f4DZ6A321A. That's the part # for a 3.8l taurus. The correct part # for SC is F4SZ6A321A, and unfortunately, that one is obsolete and all gone.

Good luck!

just buy a bhj balencer. i went through 2 used stock balencers and now finally using the bhj so i speak from experiance. i could of bought the bhj with what i spent on 2 used balancers.

no, the part i'm looking at is part da-2332, for vin code 4, 3.8 engine, 94-95.

the alternate one is powerbond, pb1497n, vin code r 3.8 sc engine, 94/95

the powerbond will be the correct one as the 4 engine code is for an na 3.8... the 1497n is for a 3.8 sc engine, vin R

getting it at oreilley auto. :)

From SCP's website

If you plan to routinely rev your SC engine over 6000 RPM, then you may want to choose our S.F.I. approved balancer over the standard BHJ unit as it is designed to withstand high rev conditions. Meets S.F.I. 18-1 specifications for competition use and is accepted by sanctioning groups such as NHRA, SCCA, NASCAR, etc.

Everyone is looking for a high performance alternative to the weak rubber/aluminum harmonic balancer. Super Coupe Performance is now offering the answer from B-H-J Dynamics!!

This billet steel balancer is perfect as a stock replacement or will hold up under super high HP conditions such as a high rev Coy Miller type motor. Basically, you get a premium quality dampener for a little more than what you would pay for a weak stock unit from a Ford dealership.

You must install your original crank sensor ring to the new balancer. It is held to your old balancer with four small screws and is an easy swap. These balancers are zero balanced from BHJ. This means that they will bolt to a fully balanced reciprocating assembly with no modifications. One must use a zero balance crankshaft pulley, such as the one provided in the SCP 3-piece accessory pulley set. One can also have their stock crankshaft pulley rebalanced at a local engine shop.

Due to the rubber in the stock balancers, the older SC's and XR7's with high mileage have been failing stock dampeners like crazy the past few years. It is also very common for the hub of the balancer to break off leaving a ring still attached to your crankshaft and the balancer bolt will be broken off in the nose of your crank. When a stock dampener fails, it can break your crankshaft in a worst case scenario, requiring a complete engine rebuild! At a minimum, it will take out your crank sensor and everything else around it when it lets loose and leaves you stranded when you least expect it.

BE PROACTIVE, NOT DUMB-ACTIVE and change out your old rubber/aluminum balancer before the rubber fails or the shank breaks away and has you walking!

Price: $420.99

-Tim

Back