PDA

View Full Version : boggy ...

RedSC93
04-11-2009, 10:34 PM
I think I might know whats making this happen, but it's only with my little experiences with these cars. First of all my new engine is running great! And I have no other issues besides this one, when I first get in and drive my car after it sits all night and when i first give it some gas it bongs down the pulls together and runs great, my old engine did this right after i installed 36lbs injectors as well but i did'nt think it was anything. But now after learning that when upgrading the top end to all 94/95 stuff I also need to get a chip so the computer knows im running bigger injectors. To me it just sounds like its getting to much fuel? Or is it something else? Like I said this only happens when the car is cold and I get on it then its fine after it warms up.

Thanks,
Jerry

RedSC93
04-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Or could it be my stock fuel pump? And not getting enough fuel??

Raymondo
04-12-2009, 10:14 AM
That is a strange problem. I would not think the chip would matter at this point because I am not sure the problem would go away after the engine warms up if the problem was electronic. Could it be the IAC or TPS sticking while cold, but after warming up functions properly?

RedSC93
04-12-2009, 10:54 AM
If I jump into my car and idle off my road and jump on the main road (55 mph) as soon as I get on the gas it bogs down then normal sometimes even 2 times. Then once I get going its fine, wot is fine, idle is fine..

Jerry

fturner
04-12-2009, 01:48 PM
You are running richer than normal with the larger injectors until the car enters closed loop mode with the O2 sensors, and then it can self correct by adaptive.

Fraser

RedSC93
04-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Well today I took her out and it went fine, i guess it does it when it wants to..

Thanks,
Jerry

Raymondo
04-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Give it a couple Midols and all will be well. LOL