Double Intercooler

klsoneSC

I just bought an extra intercooler so I could do the dual intercooler and was curious about how much it might cost to have a shop cut and weld the two IC's?? What kind of shop should I take it to? I have some welding experiance from high school and an ROP certificate in metalworks, but I really dont know how tough a job cutting and welding the dual IC is, anyone who has done it have any advice for me?? I was thinking about taking a welding class at my college and doing the work there if it is not to tough a project for a novice welder. Anyway, any suggestions or advice would be appriciated!!!

Cool Chris, I will definately be in touch with you when I get back to the states. Can anyone tell me if there is a FAQ or other info on HP gains or boost gains with the increase in intercooler size (and decrease in air temperature).

Thanks,
Paul

I'm not sure but, I think you loose some boost. With the larger area of air, it should drop boost a little. This doesn't mean you will loose hp, I feel you should gain around 20-25 rwhp.

Please if I'm let me know, I'm looking into a front mount cooler of sorts, so some info here would be great.

re

here is my buddys web site we just put this front mount in there
a few weeks ago there is also a link for my port and polish site.
drop me a email or give me a call im in the process of making up a liquid intercooler setup i should have complete in a few weeks.

supercoupekuhn.com

chris

my siten http://members.tripod.com/c.lazzo

Why does that site say $5-600 for the job but you're saying $175? Just curious, sounds like a good deal. What would a plain old welding shop charge? I heard between $100-$250 from a few guys I know around where I live but just curious.

does anyone have some pictures of the double IC that supercoupe performance sells????

Also if i only have one intercooler core how much will you charge??

Todd

re

$175 is the price if you send me two cores.That is for labor
to weld up the two cores and leak test it, Then Painted flat black.

I could also make you an ice tray welded to the IC for $85

Chris

I have a '94 SC, is there any difference between the intercoolers from 89-95? (or even from 87-95 for that matter). If I want to have a double intercooler made, what intercoolers can be meshed with mine?

Thanks,
Paul

Chris,

I am still considering this, but would prefer to wait and have you duplicate your original frount mount set-up for me.

Did you price go down? You quote me higher than $175, but with one core I believe, oh, and polished too.

Let me know.

...and yes, remove the IC baffle and it will bolt right in.

'bird

Attachments

• ic8066.jpg
    ic8066.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 184
heres another design, it might be easier to make?:confused:
still kind of a pain to roll the edges over for the end tanks

Attachments

• ic1.jpg
    ic1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 175
BECAUSE IT IS :D
theres a whole car in pieces on the floor and enough sand to fill up a trash can from the sandblasting:rolleyes:

hahaha:D

Back