PDA

View Full Version : someone needs to tune up the people a Valvoline

pro street rich
04-15-2009, 08:14 PM
So the other week I am watching TV and this ad comes on for valvoline. You all have seen it I am sure. There is this guy putting oil in a 69 mustang. One look at the car and you can see the iol pan, headers and a few other things. The ad goes on to ask what this guy and the guys on a race car have in common.~ They answer, FIVE QUARTS....well anyone that has been around big blocks as much as I have knows that it is more like seven on the engine they are showing.~~ So later on I am at the key board and I drop them a note telling of their mistake...two weeks go by and today the ups guy drops off a box for me. I open it up, no note, no explation, just a football, a 09 Reed Sorenson 8x10 poster, a 03 Johnny Benson poster and two Nascar pocket programs... THat's it no we know it is wrong, no note to explain anything, just some stuff that is not even signed.... So much for ever thinking of using their oil.....Rich

frdlvr30
04-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Rich you are one bored guy, arent you? You are not going to use their oil since they didnt give you an explaination on why their commercial was edited incorrectly? That makes perfect sense. That has a lot of relevance with the quality of their oil...

pro street rich
04-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Rich you are one bored guy, arent you? You are not going to use their oil since they didnt give you an explaination on why their commercial was edited incorrectly? That makes perfect sense. That has a lot of relevance with the quality of their oil...

They don't care much about people who do use their stuff. If they would have sent an e-mail back even that would have been better than sending a box of junk. In this world of fighting for every custormer out there would it not make more sence to respond to the e-mail?? I guess I am just venting here....Rich

KMT
04-15-2009, 10:37 PM
I'll give ya a buck for the football...

neverfastenough
04-15-2009, 11:04 PM
i'll give ya a buck for the football...

Thats pretty funny there

David Neibert
04-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Rich,

Saw that commercial this evening while watching Pinks...didn't really give any thought to the 5 vs. 7 qt thing until you pointed it out. At least it was a really nice looking Mustang.

David

PS: I use Valvoline in all my cars...probably won't stop because of some advertising company screw up.

V8Bird1995
04-16-2009, 09:18 AM
The company that produced the commercial probably don't know how much oil goes in any car. Many cars take just 5 quarts. To me 7 quarts sound like alot, 5 just sounds better. A least it wasn't a Camry.

Mike8675309
04-16-2009, 09:49 AM
The ad goes on to ask what this guy and the guys on a race car have in common.

Hmm, I guess I'm not aware of too many race cars that only run 5 quarts of oil either. I.e. Don't Nascar motors use dry sump systems with a couple gallons of oil on board?

quick35th
04-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Hmm, I guess I'm not aware of too many race cars that only run 5 quarts of oil either. I.e. Don't Nascar motors use dry sump systems with a couple gallons of oil on board?

Nascar does use dry sump systems but no idea how muchoil they hold.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

pablon2
04-16-2009, 10:27 AM
They don't care much about people who do use their stuff. If they would have sent an e-mail back even that would have been better than sending a box of junk.

Feel free to ship the box of junk to me. ;)

1989superhot
04-16-2009, 10:56 AM
as little marie say's screw you creepo. <---- from rocky
And gave you a poke the eye. At least that's what the could have done.

XR7 Dave
04-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Nascar does use dry sump systems but no idea how muchoil they hold.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

Generally about 9 quarts.

spetz01
04-16-2009, 01:57 PM
I think they reason they said 5 id to help out quick lube places and dealing with the general "not car smart" people. That way when the guy tells you he added 5 liters, he's not having to deal with some moron that actually remembered from the commercial that cars should take 7.