Need help on my Trans.

Ballman

So its getting warm out , so today went out to fire up the bird , all went well but the Clutch seems to have lost its spring power and then could not get it in gear . So what happen, Ideas , any help ?? Hope its an E-Z fix . Thanks, DW.........Ballman32@aol.com:confused:

Sounds like a truck we use only on occasion, the clutch plate siezes to the flywheel and we usually have to put it in gear first, then bump the starter several times to free it. But that's on an old direct linkage setup.

You say lost it's spring? that would lead me to believe that maybe the fluid seeped out of the clutch system, assuming it has been sitting a while. If thats the case, you'll have to bleed the clutch system.

Trans

Yup , that maybe what it is , I did have to add and looked to be almost Empty, so now what does it take to do the bleeding of the system ?? Or can that part be replaced , could be a old line leaking , but not sure just a guess . Thanks for the help . DW

Trans

So if it went low , does that mean I have a leak in the system , will try to pump the clutch a few times , so far when the car is running , cant get it to go into any gear , not running it will go into gear, then try to start it and the car will move still with the clutch pushed in ?? May need some help if you can Brian . Thanks, DW ...........:confused:

Back