~~~ is this?

starmantv

this was in the rebuild kit with 3 other rubber o-rings which I assume go with the intercooler tubes?:confused:

Attachments

• 90' supercoupe engine bay 023 50% shrink.JPG
    90' supercoupe engine bay 023 50% shrink.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 54
It is for the oil pump, the other 3 o-rings go to the intercooler tubes but I would get a set of teflon gaskets or just use some copper rtv.

The o-rings for the intercooler tubes actually reside inside the collars, which I believe has a reverse thread on them. I haven't been able to get those darn things off without getting to the point that I was going to damage it.

Fraser

I wasn't talking about teflon gasket. The collar that is on the end of the tube that the flange goes up against has the rubber O rings inside of them. They are threaded on to the tubes with a reverse thread.

Fraser

That is an oil pump o-ring. some kits come with o-rings that are not for the shape of the SC oil pump.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44326&highlight=tube+o-ring
The I/C tube o-rings are explained in this quote from George found in this thread:
Actually, the larger ones are for sealing the female ends (the ones that have the flange plate) to the IC tubes, not for making the seal where the tubes detach from the intake and IC. Those ends will unscrew from the IC tube and the O-ring goes there.

scic1.jpg

It's hard to see the O-ring in the pic, but there is a receiver groove in the donut shaped part. This seals the part to the end of the IC tube. There is also a bigger O-ring that seals the inside nut on the top to the threaded end of the top outlet. That part is a left-hand thread. The pieces on the IC tubes are standard right-hand threads.

Back