Added Oil to supercharger now only 5 lbs of boost

Drummer

I am really freaked about this one and can't seem to find any answers to this particular problem. I am heading out on a road trip next week and am servicing my SC. I have yet to check the oil level in my supercharger and decided to do that today. I have always read 10 lbs, or very close to it, in boost when I throttle down. I checked the level and did not see a drop. I went to the Pontiac dealership to get some supercharger oil to add. On my way home she was responsive as always. I added the oil and tightened the inspection bolt down tightly and went to head out and could only get 5 lbs of boost! Oh what happened?

I am really freaked about this one and can't seem to find any answers to this particular problem. I am heading out on a road trip next week and am servicing my SC. I have yet to check the oil level in my supercharger and decided to do that today. I have always read 10 lbs, or very close to it, in boost when I throttle down. I checked the level and did not see a drop. I went to the Pontiac dealership to get some supercharger oil to add. On my way home she was responsive as always. I added the oil and tightened the inspection bolt down tightly and went to head out and could only get 5 lbs of boost! Oh what happened?

Might you have spilled some and it got on the SC belt causing slippage?

Back