What is this?

QuickMustang

Well in the process of changing my wiring harness now that I got a base line run on the T-bird yesterday at the drag strip (15.1). I noticed that the harness I'm taking off also has this connector and sensor on it and the replacement doesn't have it. There wasn't a vaccum line or anything else connected to the sensor. What is it? Is it supposed to be there? Am I replacing a wrong wiring harness with another wrong harness? Any help would be appreciated...

Attachments

• Harness.JPG
    Harness.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 104
Our cars use a BAP sensor, not a MAP sensor, so don't hook up a vacuum line to it.

That black box etc looks like something to do with the EGR system.

Fraser

Well I just traced every wire on the new harness and even though all the colors aren't right according to my diagram, they all go to the right places and there is nothing there for that connector on a 91...So I guess I don't need it...

Yep DPFE, for the EGR.
It will have a silicone hose going to it DIRECTLY from the EGR, carrying hot exahaust, so you need a silicone line not rubber

Yea, but i don't have EGR anymore...Or that part anymore since I swapped the wiring harness...

The 91 did not have EGR in the first place which is why your harness is different. That orange wire with the ground ring on it was the 02 sensor ground on the 89-90 harness which again, the 91 doesn't have either.

That is definitely the right harness.

The 91 did not have EGR in the first place which is why your harness is different. That orange wire with the ground ring on it was the 02 sensor ground on the 89-90 harness which again, the 91 doesn't have either.

That is definitely the right harness.

Interesting...My car actually had EGR when I got it. When I rebuilt the motor, I got rid of it...So I'm guessing my car must have had an engine swap at some point before I got it. I wondered why when I took the EGR off it never triggered a CEL...

Interesting...My car actually had EGR when I got it. When I rebuilt the motor, I got rid of it...So I'm guessing my car must have had an engine swap at some point before I got it. I wondered why when I took the EGR off it never triggered a CEL...
Well, based on you having the wrong engine harness, it makes total sense that someone swapped in an 89-90 motor, EGR and all, lol. The biggest surprise to me is that it ran at all.

Back