Honey,, I blew up the supercharger!!!

Rpdboss

just yesterday it was an ordanary m90 supercharger with 90 cubic inches of displacement per rotation. Heres a pic of it when it was off the car.:cool:

Attachments

• DSCF4568%20(Large).jpg
    DSCF4568%20(Large).jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 156
Now heres that same supercharger the next afternoon

This monster is huge now, not even sure if i can ever find solid rubber tires and solid mount suspension to deal with the increased weight of this setup!!
Now I have to do a chip tune to allow for a change from 90cubic inches per rotation to a whopping 144,000 cubic inches per rotation!!!! AKA 1,000 Cubit feet

http://photos.streetfire.net/album/Gigantic-Roots-Blower_1669328.htm

Beat that one SC mod monsters!!!!
PS, not sure how much dry ice to use on this one....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• blower.JPG
    blower.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 1669347_600.jpg
    1669347_600.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Honey

Roots type blowers were originally used to blow fresh air, thus oxygen, into mine shafts. Much, much later scaled down to use as auto superchargers.

true

I just wanted to bring some laughs to the forums, plus that thing was used to measure how much LP gas was being used. But you should have been there to seen my excitement when I saw what it was.:D

Or I could always go back and get that pic of the turbocharger that was 24 inches wide on the large diesel locomotive engine, infact i looked like it was a compound setup with a 18 inch turbo too.

Check out the numbers from this engine that was at a local steel plant

Attachments

• DSCF5651 (Large).JPG
    DSCF5651 (Large).JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Back