Door Hinges

91BLOWNSC

I did a little research as to how to repair the door hinges on my driver side bird. However, most people stated it was the upper that usually went bad. On mine, it seems to be the lower. Is there any way to tell which one is actually bad, and how to tell if JUST the bushing needs to be replaced or if it has worn beyond that and I need a new hinge? Or do you have to tear it all apart and figure that out.

I did a little research as to how to repair the door hinges on my driver side bird. However, most people stated it was the upper that usually went bad. On mine, it seems to be the lower. Is there any way to tell which one is actually bad, and how to tell if JUST the bushing needs to be replaced or if it has worn beyond that and I need a new hinge? Or do you have to tear it all apart and figure that out.

If the door is hanging low. it's most likely the upper that is bad. In fact, both can need work, but the top one will be worse.

You won't know until you pull the hing apart and find you can't drill the hole oversize evenly to press the new bushing in.

All the ones I've replaced have been the bottom hinge. Besides the door sagging you can usually see which hinge is either missing the the brass sleeve or has play in it when you lift up on the door while it's open.

Is the a kit for purchase that sells the hinges along with it? I know the one on spinning wheels is the w/out the hinges.

Back