PDA

View Full Version : Head Gasket Fixer --- Great Product

jleopold
04-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey guys...
i wanted to followup on a product I used on my T-bird.
I had an overheat and head gasket issue back last summer. If you remember my thread, my car had water running RUNNING out of the Exhaust.

So headgasket came right to the front of my issue list. Anyway, I posted that I was going to try out www.rxauto.com --- thermagasket. At this point my car was a salvage title and worst case was that I would have to re-build the engine.

NOT SO !

I called these guys up... they walked me step-by-step through the use of theri product... and to this day my SC is running perfect... no water running, no steam no nothing... and it rocks down the road like new. 30 minute fix...

So... I will say this... this is not the stuff you get at Kragens or some Auto store... its a two part mix... YOU HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT ON INSTALL. and you have to find the overheating problem first.

So... I stand my the Thermagasket product... I bought it 9/10/2008 and I'm still rolling hard in the yard !

John

sinhumane
04-21-2009, 08:33 PM
when those gaskets finally go, you or your mechanic is going to be pissed. :)

jleopold
04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
ha ha ha... ya I thought about that too... but when it comes to the SC... buying 9 more months of driving time for 99 bucks... so far... I can't be anymore pissed than I am now since I just fixed the transmission.

I have to say I was really really sceptical but they stand by their products and are well known in NorCal. Did you check out the website or any of their video clips ?

I would be really mad if I had all the work done for new HG and then it blew again and I'd have spent 600-800 to get that done.

superdadsc
04-21-2009, 09:47 PM
In tough times that might come in handy for a fellow SC'er to stay on the road. Especially if it is their DD for work!

Stephen

jleopold
04-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Yep... you're right...
It was really hard to trust such a product because I'd used the cheap $5 stuff for the radiator on my truck. But the guys who make this stuff are like scientist.

The product works by attaching to high heat areas that are 3-4 time hotter than normal engine temps. So, if you're car doesn't overheat, the product stays in tact. So far... I've punched the tar out of my car since the appplicaiton and all I get is pure joy !

A rebuild would have been nice too but money was just not there to do all the stuff a rebuild would provide... i.e. pulling the engine and changing the Harm-Bal, water pump, misc other hazard items ( while the engine is out of the car)

sinhumane
04-22-2009, 08:03 PM
sounds like you quoted that off the side of teh bottle!

i would hate to see what happens when they do finally blow... that gunk will be EVERYWHERE :eek:

fturner
04-22-2009, 08:22 PM
sounds like you quoted that off the side of teh bottle!

i would hate to see what happens when they do finally blow... that gunk will be EVERYWHERE :eek:

Including on the bearings and so on.......

Fraser

sinhumane
04-22-2009, 08:24 PM
my thoughts (READ: fears) exactly... if you werent looking at a rebuild before... well. you can probably kiss your entire engine goodbye short of a chem dip.

rickbtbird
04-22-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm guessing this will be the wave of the future when you bring your car in for a head gasket job. Most techs at pep boys wouldn't even know the difference. I can see them calling the help desk asking my the manual says the repair is billable to 10 hours of labor.

Now that they have this stuff, I'd be real hesitant to ever buy another used car. I'm sure resellers buy this stuff by the 50 gallon drum.

I'm wondering what happens if you flush your radiator?

LOL, their website has a picture of a SRT Dodge Challenger on the front page. I was going to buy one of those last year.