View Full Version : Auto trans crank to manual trans crank

Ronald Wendt
04-22-2009, 02:17 PM
The used engine I got was from an automatic, my 91 is a manual. Is there a special bearing or bushing to use on the end of the crank on the trans side?

I called a few places and only one even seemed to know what I was talking about. NAPA said they had a bushing but it seems like a big hole on the end of the crank to use a bushing on



XR7 Dave
04-22-2009, 02:43 PM
It is a very large bushing. Generally (and as an OE replacement) you'll use a roller bearing insert. They are available just about everywhere for about $10. They use the same standard bearing as any 5.0 Ford so they are common. Some don't come with much grease in them so make sure to use some moly grease in there for extended life.

04-22-2009, 04:17 PM
It's called a pilot bearing and it comes with an plug assembly. There is info in this thread:

Ronald Wendt
04-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Sweet thanks everyone