High Temp and High Oil Pressure

Bird of Prey 94

I just got a remanufactured supercharger from P.S.E. in Oklahoma. I have a 94 Tbird SC, and I have noticed after I installed it, my engine temp is up somewhat. When I am doing highway driving, I like my temp needle left of center. I already checked my bypass valve and it is working, but the temp to me appears to be a little high. I also noticed my oil pressure increased too. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should be checking next?

Thank you

Bird of Prey 94

maybe because its getting warmer out> I seriously doubt the SC is causing this unles you are finding yourself n boost more odten because of a happy foot

(Assuming you're speaking of the stock gauge...) The oil pressure gauge is just a dummy...it's run off an oil pressure switch, rather than a sensor. So, either it now has a slightly better (cleaner?) ground or it's just you imagination. :) I've noticed that sometimes mine (on all the SC's) doesn't always sit in the same place. As long as it's up, that is what matters.

maybe because its getting warmer out> I seriously doubt the SC is causing this unles you are finding yourself n boost more odten because of a happy foot

Let me clarify my line of thought from my first question. I am not blaming the remanufactured M90B stock super charger for the high engine temp and high oil pressure problem. Although this problem came to light after the installation. I was concerned that perhaps once I installed the super charger, I needed to change or update another unit.

After further investigating last weekend, I discovered the temp problem was most likely due to the thermostat, and replaced it. I have already put a new water pump, which was purchased from a local auto parts store not the Ford dealer. I believe the pump is working well. I also purchased a brand new Griffin radiator all aluminum custom made for my 94 Tbird, so I do not believe that is causing my problem either. I guess my next move is to flush the whole cooling system very soon.

Basically I am trying to get guidance if I am overlooking any units to get the proper results. For instance what is the best temperature thermostat I should have a 180 degree or 195 degree? I have tried the “water wetter” product that is supposed to cool the engine but I am not sure if that really works. I also tried the “Z-Max” product in my engine oil about a month ago, but not sure if that stuff is good either. I also have the Z-Max products in the tranny, and the gas tank as well. On my last oil change my money was kind of tight so I put some 5W30 Castrol in there and a FRAM filter. The oil and filter deal from Auto Zone was under twenty bucks. I usually use a Mobil One Filter and Valvoline 5W30. At the end of the day, with the high temp, I am trying to resolve the issue now, as I want to run my air conditioning unit this summer without experiencing any overheating.

I am looking forward to someone providing guidance to resolve.

Thanks,

Bird of Prey 94

(Assuming you're speaking of the stock gauge...) The oil pressure gauge is just a dummy...it's run off an oil pressure switch, rather than a sensor. So, either it now has a slightly better (cleaner?) ground or it's just you imagination. I've noticed that sometimes mine (on all the SC's) doesn't always sit in the same place. As long as it's up, that is what matters.

Okay you stated “as long as it’s up, that is what matters”. But how high is too high? What do you consider normal? I personally like it to be between the O and the R.

Back