back to the tranny shop

Well car get's droped off and the shop to repair
the 1frst gear. I still need to also take egr back off to seal the leak and replace plenum with the new one and new nozzle.
gas milage is still tanking. At least tranny is still under warranty.

I have come to conclusion aod's blow ball compared to the 4r70w.

If you had everything off - you sure the TV cable just doesn't need adjustment?

While the AOD isn't perfect, I would have to say I like the 4R70W alot better. Though the AOD with a Lentech VB.. it's a close competition then :D

-Melon

shouldve just gone 5speed the first time you blew it up.. atleast you would have only worn out synchros... the gears still work. lot less complicated... i'll be a standard transmission guy till i die.

i'd hate to see what a rebuild would cost on the vw's transmission.... goofy longitudinal fwd thing... why couldnt they have just been easy and made it transverse or rwd? :confused: i'll never understand the germans.

Tyler, weren't you the one complaining about how bad jason was at driving a MTX??

There's nothing wrong with a properly built and adjusted AOD.

Tyler, weren't you the one complaining about how bad jason was at driving a MTX??

There's nothing wrong with a properly built and adjusted AOD.

I do seem to remember a comment or two about how Jason was driving someone's 5spd....

And I agree.. my Lentech AOD was great.

-Melon

Hey i am a little rusty.The only complaint tyler had was i tured his car into a jackhammer.It's not my fault sc's can't take the clutch being dropped in first gear.

If you knew how to drive a stick, you wouldn't be *dropping* the clutch. And if you ever got lucky and drove a MTX that I owned, and you dropped the clutch - your mom wouldn't have to worry about grandchildren from you because your balls would be gone.

And if Tyler told you to drop the clutch, then he should have his balls removed too - last time I checked, that wasn't the best thing you could do on a car.

-Melon

Damn Jason you went through the tranny you got from Danny already???
You need to stop racing that thing somuch.

Travis

no the tranny was from ben lasted 6 months had it rebuilt and lasted 8 months. get fixed under warranty and only has been to the track 3 times with the rebuild

Which shop is rebuilding? Either your abusing it pretty good, or the shop doesn't know what they are doing.

-Melon

It's alos that no one can build a tranny worth ~~~~ around here.
All the good ones have retired and the younger guys don't do well.

So I'd say that falls under the category of "the shop doesn't know what they are doing"

-Melon

no the shop i went does very good work.I know the owner personally.
But he didn't do the rebuild one of his mechanics did.He tands behind his work.
So im not worried but i am getting tired of ford pos trannies.
The original one sat for awhile before i bought it and started driving it.
Had 93,000 on it.The second tranny was bens enough said there.
Then i had ben's rebuilt by the shop. Where it's at know getting fixed.

So I'm guessing your dyno session didn't pan out?

And the first AOD I had went 150k+ miles and still worked when pulled from the car - that was the original N/A trans. The trans that came with the SC engine went to about 130k with no issues. It was pulled in favor for the Lentech and it ran beautifully. It's now in another car and I hear - running quite well :D

Have you considered attempting a 4R70W swap? It's been done - Jeramie from CO has done it.

-Melon

he didnt dyno tune it... just a baseline.

no, i didnt tell him to drop the clutch to launch it... i know how to launch my 95 thx. since learning what abusing these things cost, i show a bit of mechanical empathy....

i have a disposable toy to abuse. ;):D

he didnt dyno tune it... just a baseline.

no, i didnt tell him to drop the clutch to launch it... i know how to launch my 95 thx. since learning what abusing these things cost, i show a bit of mechanical empathy....

I thought he was going in for a tune today?

And go back and read - that part wasn't aimed at you. I remember you commenting on Jason and driving an MTX. It was Jason that mentioned dropping the clutch. You may be able to drive a stick, but obviously you can't always read :rolleyes:

-Melon

The diablo tune did not work out.Andy at executive performane could not get a template for my pcm. So i called dalke and got a chip from him and if i can make it to the shootout he will tweak it on the dyno.

So i called dalke and got a chip from him and if i can make it to the shootout he will tweak it on the dyno.

A step in the right direction - someone who can tune the Super Coupes very well.

What's the story on the trans? Is it for sure toast?

-Melon

Back