New Camaro - Test Drive

90blkbrd

Test drove a new Camaro V6 just a little bit ago.

I kind of like the car but the gauge pod is so retro 60's that I'll never own one. I like the rest of the interior and the seats were comfortable.

I felt a little claustrophobic when I got in it at first, but after a few minutes the feeling went away. The top of the door is really high, not a fun car to drive around with the windows open and your arm out the window.

The 304 HP V6 had some spunk and spun to 7500, but from a dead stop with the traction control turned off, it wouldn't spin the tires going from brake to gas.

Attachments

• camaro 1.jpg
    camaro 1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 221
  • camaro front.jpg
    camaro front.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 103
  • camaro rear.jpg
    camaro rear.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 109
I just dont like it> For some reason I consider the mustang a different class....however when the camaro is compared to the challenger..Give me the dodge anyday

I have seen all kinds of them up here, but they are being built only 10 minutes from my house. I have seen several with the V8 and they sound pretty good. Saw a guy in a blue one with white stripes smokin the tires on an on ramp to the highway.

Drew

You would never own one because of the gauge cluster? lol, thats a new one for me. I have never seen the interior of the new camaro though so idk. And you would think that it would have no trouble blowing the tires off from a stand still with 300 hp, interesting. Sounds like a dissappointing car.

Not a Carmaro But?

The wife and I decided to get rid of her 2007 Mustang GT. She became jealous of the 35th Anny I pick-up a few weeks ago. She told me she wanted the room of the SC with more upscale. She did not want a muscle car or a Charger.

Sooo I took her to BMW, Cadillac, Infinity, and Toyota.

We now have a BMW 750li.

Wow this thing is big and it moves!

A better idea of the gauge cluster. Personally I wouldn't buy it because Im a ford guy. :)

Jerry

Attachments

• 1228081452.jpg
    1228081452.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 3064102921_356ca99753_b.jpg
    3064102921_356ca99753_b.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 124
I would be all over that! :) A car is a car and this one looks sharp! IMO

Well yes if someone would give me this car, I would drive it everyday and in the snow. Shoot I would even put a hitch on it and pull my quads. A car is a car your right but a Ford is a Ford and Chevy is a Chevy.

What do you think keeps you loyal to Ford, or better yet what is it that makes you buy a Ford over a GM?

Just more of my taste, I like the taste of apples more than oranges. And being brought up forcing to like Fords and to hate Chevy's might have something to do with it.

Blame my elders. :)
Jerry

I like it. :D But I like Ford, Chevy, Dodge, BMW, Subaru, Lotus, etc... can go on and on. Just need a bigger garage and more money to stock it.

Nice cars are nice cars. :D

Surprised to see a 300hp factory 6cyl but sure enough that's the base engine. Comes in 4 trims 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS. The SS sports 422HP

"...the 422-horsepower 6.2-litre V8 that comes standard with the Camaro SS. The 1SS package gets standard 20-inch wheels, upgraded four-piston Brembo brakes, a limited slip rear diff, and an upgraded engine and transmission cooler....2SS trim includes everything the 1SS package has as well as all that comes with the 2LT package, plus the addition of twin rally strips, the glass sunroof, and a special Inferno Orange Accent interior scheme..."

That would be fun, I agree on the GAYge cluster:D

http://autos.canada.com/news/story.html?id=768ab36c-a225-4b97-9bd5-852a827a1563

I sat in one last month at the local car show...Interior is horrid...Dash /gage cluster/center stack look really cheap...About what you would expect in a $10,000 car...Major cost cutting in these areas

Seating position was awful...To get enough headroom the seat was on the floor so it felt like I was sitting on the ground with my legs stretched out in front of me..Im 6'1"

This car is going to be a sales flop in the long term because of the awful interior and poor ergonomics.IT is going to have only a limited market appeal to those diehards who dont care about these issues.

I am also w/ Flip! If I had it my way I would get a 928 GTS,and a Mitsubishi V-4 spyder along w/ a sweet SC of course. Ford,Jap and German.

Stephen

At present, I (we) have five cars. 3 Fords, 1 Chrysler, 1 Nissan. When they start paying me royalties, I will care about who has their name on the car. I would own a new Camaro but I have always hated the interriors of them. I do like the Firebirds and wish they were different under the hood like they were in the past. 'Till then, I have to give this guy mad props.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqtJTlXON8

SWS

Back