SCU Autorotor Install ????

XxSlowpokexX

Hey I;m installing an SCU AR on a mystery motor and was wondering if there is anything I should look out for. Its the later version with the snout brace.

The lower intake has already been modified. Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

Damon

Its a must, and you will also need to interchange two studs that are on the water pump to make the A brace work.

I'd say just have some sort of tools to take the smile off your face once you test drive the car with it...:p

You must take off the Black bracket on the PS pump that goes to the water pump.

My cougar never got that back after I replaced the water pump at the shootout, twice. And the 35th I have now never got it put back on. I've heard from quite a few people that its not needed, just a PITA.

My cougar never got that back after I replaced the water pump at the shootout, twice. And the 35th I have now never got it put back on. I've heard from quite a few people that its not needed, just a PITA.

I would not say that. My car with the new cam has turned the whole accesory bracket into a huge vibration area. The alternator and the Coil are also getting all of the vibes. I am concerned with the vibrations and those items failing prematurely. I actually want to ask how to install it back. I need it in my car to tame down the bracket from all the vibrations. I even have to trim down the lower extension since its wacking the IC tubes. Again the cam is causing the vibrations so I dont see other having issues with it.

I would not say that. My car with the new cam has turned the whole accesory bracket into a huge vibration area. The alternator and the Coil are also getting all of the vibes. I am concerned with the vibrations and those items failing prematurely. I actually want to ask how to install it back. I need it in my car to tame down the bracket from all the vibrations. I even have to trim down the lower extension since its wacking the IC tubes. Again the cam is causing the vibrations so I dont see other having issues with it.

wow, didn't know that, I'll have to take that into consideration whenever my car gets heads/cam

I'd be more concerned about you missing some bracket bolts/studs than the PS/WP bracket, Ricardo. You might want to take a look and make sure something didn't back out.

I'd be more concerned about you missing some bracket bolts/studs than the PS/WP bracket, Ricardo. You might want to take a look and make sure something didn't back out.

Thats on the list to go at it with a wrench but from my observations they are all there and tight. The cam makes that bracket oscillate. The rest of the engine has a a different smoother vibration and that bracket would make it all come together and vibrate at the same rate as the engine. I think the weight of the Alternator and PS pump and the Coil make its all swing and oscilate in a weird kinda way.

Thats on the list to go at it with a wrench but from my observations they are all there and tight. The cam makes that bracket oscillate. The rest of the engine has a a different smoother vibration and that bracket would make it all come together and vibrate at the same rate as the engine. I think the weight of the Alternator and PS pump and the Coil make its all swing and oscilate in a weird kinda way.

You have something screwed up. The cam will not cause the bracket to shake.

Did you forget to put all 3 bolts back in your power steering pump after you removed the bracket?

Those are all there too. I really think its at just the right idle and vibration harmonics that it causes it to do that. it does not do it a different rpms.

I have a theory about that bracket... but then again its only a theory so until proven I can't mention it :cool:.

Fraser

Those are all there too. I really think its at just the right idle and vibration harmonics that it causes it to do that. it does not do it a different rpms.

Well, you've got some sort of a problem, I've put together many SC's with all sorts of cams in them and never ever had any vibration issues. You can put the bracket back in to stabilize things, but as I said you have some sort of an issue that should be looked into.

Well, you've got some sort of a problem, I've put together many SC's with all sorts of cams in them and never ever had any vibration issues. You can put the bracket back in to stabilize things, but as I said you have some sort of an issue that should be looked into.

Well I have solid poly motor mounts also so the car must have a combination of parts and vibes. That transfers it to the ACC bracket. Maybe you have not experienced before because you have not duplicated the exact conditions. Never say never Dave. ;)

It not like its all over the place but just enough to raise awareness.

But I will double check the three bolts/studs on it. And maybe take a peek at the three on the pump other then that there is nothing I can do to tame the acc bracket down without changing the cars idle and or combination.

Last edited:
Back