PDA

View Full Version : Running rough....need help

BLACKHAWK486
04-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Bought a 92 SC in early Apr. New it needed HG's when I bought it. I've replaced them and everything runs fine at idle. When then boost gauge reaches near 0 or above while driving it starts bucking and popping and damn near feeling like it's going to blow the charger off. If I'm cruising in 3rd or 4th and start to give it more gas, again the thing starts bucking just before the boost reaches 0 or above.

Any ideas anyone?

19TbirdSC91
04-23-2009, 09:11 PM
subscribing, I had an old car that did this and never figured out what it was. could this be caused by a vacuum leak possibly? I have also always wondered why vacuum has 2 u's too btw lol.

QuickMustang
04-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Did you replace your plugs and wires when you did the headgaskets?

fturner
04-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Whats the vacuum at idle in neutral? New plugs and wires, and if so what make etc? New PCV valve and is it the right one for the car? Double check that ALL sensors are plugged in.

Check for codes as well by doing the KOEO and KOER tests.

What your describing sounds like the EEC is running the car in limp home mode for some reason, which runs the car very rich and locks the timing to 10 degrees.

Fraser

BLACKHAWK486
04-23-2009, 10:01 PM
No, I didn't replace the plugs and wires. The vacuum at idle is a stout 21. It's a 92 SC 5 speed, white on black. Also, it has some rudt issues, anyone know where I can get replacement metal. The right side rocker is all but gone, hidden by the side skirts. And the plates the go from the rear cage to the body are all but gone as well.

BLACKHAWK486
04-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Not familiar with those tests you mentioned (KOEO and KOER) Can you explain that to me.

19TbirdSC91
04-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Not familiar with those tests you mentioned (KOEO and KOER) Can you explain that to me.

key on engine off
key on engine running