Belt walk ???

XxSlowpokexX

This it could be a PS pulley issue? It never happened before pulling off my PS pulley when doing cam and heads and all other belts but that one seem fine so I dont think it can be the brackets...

An ideas?..I have pulled tehepulley on and off twice and no difference

Pulley should be flush with the end of the power steering shaft. Once there it should be in alignment unless your crank pulley is not tight. (can happen if you don't get the bolt holes lined up and tighten it down anyway).

Alls on correct and tight so it seems>>its bugging the crud out of me> im going to look into it this weekend and see

Damon,

I had an issue with belt walk several years ago that was corrected by replacing the tensioner assembly. Mine had enough wear in the area where the arm pivots that it was pushing against the belt at an angle.

David

David I wonder. I did the MP tensioner springs later on but It never fixed the issue. I think ill pull the crank pulley off nd reinstall and se what happens. If no good then swap out the tensioner. Really dont need the extra tension in the accesory belt

David I wonder. I did the MP tensioner springs later on but It never fixed the issue. I think ill pull the crank pulley off nd reinstall and se what happens. If no good then swap out the tensioner. Really dont need the extra tension in the accesory belt

Why did you do the spring in the ACc tensioner? its only needed on the JS and SC tensioners.

because i had three...so i did them all...no other reason..i figured it mayhave been an issue for the belt..didnt fix it

Back