water meth kit

I've never run it on a SC but have used SMC, Razor's, and Devils Own, on three different Turbo Regals. All of these use progressive controllers. The only one to get a before-and-after dyno run was the SMC unit in an actual GN. It dynoed right at 425rwhp with no alcohol. On pump premium the max boost we could run was 14 and max WOT timing was 18. Adding in the alcohol, which BTW was denatured alcohol not methanol, allowed boost to go up to about 18 (with some creep to 20-21 on the top of Third) and 24 degrees WOT timing which resulted in a 495rwhp pull.

The two T-types never got on a dyno but pretty much mirrored the boost and timing increases possible before knock would set in. The GN ran 11.3's, the T's had more goodies and went 10.95 and 10.65 respectively with MPH's in the low 120's. If I ever own another SC, alky injection is definitely on the list of must-haves

Oh, and as for the injection curve we usually started bringing the alky in at about 7psi boost with max flow at 14-15 psi. Of course these were fairly hot cars so others might not need so much.

im thinking about adding it on my mustang with the supercoupe swap and a mpx just trying to figure out how much more power it will help

I don't know that it added any HP in and of itself. It dropped intake temps by over 20 deg f and it allows for more advanced timing. If you can take advantage of the lower intake temps and advance your timing, then you may see a increase in horsepower.

On my car peak gains weren't that high but after peak the gains were massive. The higher the rpm, the more heat, the more gains with meth. We saw +40 hp at high rpm on my engine. Area under the curve FTW!

nice yea i wasnt sure how well it work i thought since you got a supercharger pulling more cold air in and the meth kit it would keep it extra cold allowing more power out of the motor

nice yea i wasnt sure how well it work i thought since you got a supercharger pulling more cold air in and the meth kit it would keep it extra cold allowing more power out of the motor

The supercharger doesn't really pull in cold air, and in fact the act of compression itself significantly heats the air charge. The intercooler and meth are there to try to fight those temperature increases as much as possible.

Back