What is this part?

Mercutio

SCCoA Member
Part number is F2SB14A679-AA. It's some sort of computer, but what kind?

DSC_8750.jpg

I googled the part number and yes, that's what came up. However, it isn't the actual ECM--I have that part elsewhere and I've confirmed that the other part is the car's ECM, not this one.

Going by the shape, I'd say that it's the Passive Restraint Module for the automatic seat belts.

is it in left side of trunk? keyless module?

It's on my workbench and I don't remember where in the car it came from. I removed it from a 92SC auto and I don't believe it's the keyless module. I know it's not the ABS computer, ride computer or engine computer.

If I remember correctly I saw that same box when I was doing my 5spd swap. It should go under the dash by the fuse box on the drivers side. I think.

Well, considering that the general attitude is today, alot of Canadians who used to make those parts etc, are now looking for new jobs, because the same job has been pulled into the US.

Oh well, the US will be looking at Canadians just like they do with Mexicans and Chinese etc.... if it hasn't already been that way.

Gotta love it :)

Fraser

South Park not withstanding I don't think there's a huge pocket of resentment in the US over Canada or parts made there.

Back