New 90 SC speed record

He's really getting up there! There aren't a lot of cars running faster than 191mph. That's quite a few records he has now.

A couple more

Here's a couple more photos I took of Lawson's car last year ...

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Attachments

• IMG_6064.JPG
    IMG_6064.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_6067.JPG
    IMG_6067.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 234
That's cool I love in Pic 4 when he's changing the plugs he's got a bottle of "diagnostic fluid" standing by. Always a good thing to have handy when under the hood. It's too bad he's old school and dosen't do the cmptr thing, It would be good to read about some of the stuff he's done.

Who tunes his car if he does not like computers and does all the work himself?

3.3l whipple.. :eek: Thats all i gotta say about that. I wonder how much HP the car is producing.

Who tunes his car if he does not like computers and does all the work himself?3.3l whipple.. :eek: Thats all i gotta say about that. I wonder how much HP the car is producing.

Good point. I wasn't really thinking about the tune, but Yeah, somewhere, at some point a computer was involved to make it go stupid fast....

I wonder what his 1/4 mile times are?

more info ...

I spoke with Lawson this evening. He gave me some more info on his SC.

Lawson tunes it himself with a MN12 EEC Tuner Kit he bought from MN 12 Performance.

The car was on a dyno a couple of years ago with 50lb injectors. It was getting 470 hp at the rear wheels at the time. He figures that with the 83lb injectors he's running now, the 3.3 Whipple making 25lb of boost along with other odds and ends, he's in he 700 hp range.

There's stock 2:73 gears in the rear.

Got a Comp cam with 636 lift at the valves. He doesn't remember the duration, but characterizes it as wild.

His 100mm mass air is homemade. He bored the 85mm throttle body out to 90mm.

Victor Malvar is very familiar with the car and has helped Lawson run down parts. Anyone looking to follow Lawson's setup should contact Victor at SpinningWheels.com.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Is he a member?

How come people with accomplishments like that never post out here on this forum? I guess its because they're too busy in the garage to step out and drop a line or 2? David Niebert has not 1 but 2 well built high performing SCs.. and he's here all the time :confused:
I don't get it.. Now on the other hand, we have Jim never-stops-talking-even-when-nobody-is-listening D.

Tell him the audience would like a bow..

Last edited:
Back