is this normal?

BuRHan90SC

hi guys as my titles says if this is normal which doesnt look normal to me plus i m new to these cars and before adjusting anything i just wanted to show u guys that if i need something for this cable or if i need to adjust this...Thank You...will appriciate if i get some advice before i mess up my tranny cuz i m not driving the car unless i fix this critical TV CABLE...

video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8_tqCADupw

there should be a bushing that fits into the tb linkage hole, it looks like yours is missing with all of that play.

TV Cable

Do not drive with a loose TV cable at the throttle body! You will burn up the transmission in just a few miles (at least at highway speeds). My cable connection came loose at the throttle body. The car idle speed was not right. I drove it home 5 miles on the highway and learned an expensive lessen. Barely made it home.

For a small piece of rubber, the rubber grommet is expensive at Ford. I paid about $8. I have also purchased a set of miscellaneous grommets at Oriellys with one that works for a little less.

where can i buy the rubber grommet?...does it have to be from FORD? or i can jus buy some from home depot same size to fit it there?

I got mine from Ford when mine broke for $1.40 but it was plastic. Someone told me there's a brass one that doesn't break. Likely that's what happen to yours and someone monkey rigged it.

ok guys i fixed the tv cable today by reading the article but i wasnt sure where to put marks with knife but i think i m really close to MID mark....but now my SC shifts really hard...like wen it changes the gear it gives u a shock like u slammed on breaks lol...more wen it downshifts from 4th gear ( overdrive )....did i tight it too much? and need to lose tv cable a lil? Thanks guys :D

If it shifts to hard for you loosen it 2 clicks at a time, until it feels normal, if there is a normal :)

Jerry

Back