Polishing parts?

275hptbirdsc

Hey ive seen people with polished super charged tubes and I really like that look but I dont know how to do it.:confused: Is it a paint or something?

polished aluminum or stainless steel. No need to paint, though some may give it a shot with chrome plating or chrome like ceramic coatings.

take them down to somewhere that can media blast them... then go to town stage sanding, and polish.. you could have them powdercoated with a clear coat, or theres zoopseal for polished parts.

So theres no way to polish the stock tube unless you use a ceramic coating?

What most are saying is you can polish them, but would suggest clear coating them after they have been polished. It will be much easier to keep looking good after it has been clear coated. If you do not clear coat you will almost always be polishing out every little stain.

Stock tubes have a coating on them that needs to be removed before you can polish them. Once that is removed, it's just basic aluminum polishing to do.

Once you get the powdercoat off the tubes they need to be wetsanded to get the casting marks out. I start with 200 grit and work my way up to 2000. Its best to do most of the work with 200. After that its easy. Metal polishing is a costly thing to have have done. After trying it you will know why.

Back