Q's about multifunction switch interchangeability 89-93 and 94-95

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
I have a few problems with the multifunction switches on my 89 and on my 95.

I read on a buddy's post that some early models have a blue and some a green connector, and that they are not interchangable (on this thread: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102645 ). I'm having an issue with my titanium 89 with no auto lamps that when I put my intermitent wipers (not on constant speed, but on intermitent)...the wipers stop and pause in the middle of the windshield. When I use them on constant speed(s) they have no problem so that made me think of the multifunction switch being faulty. So i thought about using the multi function switch from my blue 89 which has auto headlamps, but when I took it out it has a green connector...which, according to the post above...should not work. However, it worked perfectly on my blue 89 with auto lamps. So would it be safe to assume that cars with autolamps work with both blue and green connector multi function switches and cars w.o. autolamps only work with blue green connectors?

My second question is which multifunction switch is compatible on 94-95's? My 95 has autolamps (if it makes a difference). My problem is again with the wipers and washer not wanting to operate. I have to wiggle the stalk to make them work. I want to see which cars I can grab a switch from so that it works on my car. Any help appreciated guys! thanks!

On my 89 with auto headlights, if I use a MFS with a green module, the headlights will have all 4 lights on all the time.....

Back