PDA

View Full Version : Solid Motor Mount Trouble

Dahoopd
04-26-2009, 06:00 PM
I know a few of you have bought the solid mounts. Did anyone have trouble installing them. None of the holes line up and before you ask, yes I have them on the right side. I cant even get the bolt to go through the bottom. Its not even close.

I hate to whine but I am so sick of working on this car. Its definitely not worth the 225 horse power I may get out of it. I am on my last nerve with it. If I could get 3k for it I would dump it in a heartbeat and take the loss.

I don't even feel like putting the new trans in.

ricardoa1
04-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Be more specific about these mounts you speak of

Mike8675309
04-26-2009, 08:17 PM
If you have the ones from chuck w. The only issue I found, which may be what you are having, was the nut welded on the lower section of the mount for the "through" bolt was welded slightly off-center. This made it seem impossible to get the through bolt through the k-member.

I just knocked the nut off, and put it on manually with a wrench. took me a while to notice the issue as I had done one side without an issue first. it was when I took the mount back out as I was going to try changing sides that I noticed the alignment issue. The bolt fit fine off the car, but when it was limited by the holes in the k-member, that's when it wouldn't line up.

XR7 Dave
04-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Which mounts did you get, the early or late model version?

ricardoa1
04-26-2009, 08:36 PM
If you have the ones from chuck w. The only issue I found, which may be what you are having, was the nut welded on the lower section of the mount for the "through" bolt was welded slightly off-center. This made it seem impossible to get the through bolt through the k-member.

I just knocked the nut off, and put it on manually with a wrench. took me a while to notice the issue as I had done one side without an issue first. it was when I took the mount back out as I was going to try changing sides that I noticed the alignment issue. The bolt fit fine off the car, but when it was limited by the holes in the k-member, that's when it wouldn't line up.

He should have revised this issue I was one of the first and notified him right away. He did get me another one with the correct aligment and said he will revise.

Dahoopd
04-26-2009, 08:55 PM

Yes, they are the same mounts. I have not pulled the mount back out to check that but it has to be the problem. I had a heck of a time getting it in. I spent 2 hours just trying to get the lower bolt in. I jacked the motor up and down a 100 times.

I should have not wasted the money on them and just bought the solid rubber again and fixed the window issue on them.

I literally got pissed and mangled a custom IC tube beating it against the ground. If I hadn't, it would have been the fender hood and windshield. This had me so pissed off I was shaking. I just don't have the patience anymore.

fastsc92
04-26-2009, 09:03 PM
I literally got pissed and mangled a custom IC tube beating it against the ground. If I hadn't, it would have been the fender hood and windshield. This had me so pissed off I was shaking. I just don't have the patience anymore.

That's when you need to crack a beer....or 8....

Dahoopd
04-26-2009, 09:06 PM
That's when you need to crack a beer....or 8....

That's the reason I quit drinking. I seriously would have gotten locked up being in my own driveway for beating the piss out of my own car.

Mike8675309
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
That's the reason I quit drinking. I seriously would have gotten locked up being in my own driveway for beating the piss out of my own car.

I just set the tools down...step away from the car and let it sit for as long as it takes for me to think up another idea and give it a shot. Almost every single time I take a step back, I figure out how to take care of the issue that I spent a couple hours fighting initially.

stupid human behavior.

99GSXR750
04-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Mine took a little persuading, but weren't difficult.

Dahoopd
04-29-2009, 09:35 PM
the nut welded on the lower section of the mount for the "through" bolt was welded slightly off-center.

That was the problem aside from the mount being too tight to saddle the K-member and I had to hammer it on and than slam the motor down on it to make sure it went on. But I can say one side is done.

Thank you for letting me know about the problem you had.