Solid Motor Mount Trouble

Dahoopd

I know a few of you have bought the solid mounts. Did anyone have trouble installing them. None of the holes line up and before you ask, yes I have them on the right side. I cant even get the bolt to go through the bottom. Its not even close.

I hate to whine but I am so sick of working on this car. Its definitely not worth the 225 horse power I may get out of it. I am on my last nerve with it. If I could get 3k for it I would dump it in a heartbeat and take the loss.

I don't even feel like putting the new trans in.

If you have the ones from chuck w. The only issue I found, which may be what you are having, was the nut welded on the lower section of the mount for the "through" bolt was welded slightly off-center. This made it seem impossible to get the through bolt through the k-member.

I just knocked the nut off, and put it on manually with a wrench. took me a while to notice the issue as I had done one side without an issue first. it was when I took the mount back out as I was going to try changing sides that I noticed the alignment issue. The bolt fit fine off the car, but when it was limited by the holes in the k-member, that's when it wouldn't line up.

If you have the ones from chuck w. The only issue I found, which may be what you are having, was the nut welded on the lower section of the mount for the "through" bolt was welded slightly off-center. This made it seem impossible to get the through bolt through the k-member.

I just knocked the nut off, and put it on manually with a wrench. took me a while to notice the issue as I had done one side without an issue first. it was when I took the mount back out as I was going to try changing sides that I noticed the alignment issue. The bolt fit fine off the car, but when it was limited by the holes in the k-member, that's when it wouldn't line up.

He should have revised this issue I was one of the first and notified him right away. He did get me another one with the correct aligment and said he will revise.

Yes, they are the same mounts. I have not pulled the mount back out to check that but it has to be the problem. I had a heck of a time getting it in. I spent 2 hours just trying to get the lower bolt in. I jacked the motor up and down a 100 times.

I should have not wasted the money on them and just bought the solid rubber again and fixed the window issue on them.

I literally got pissed and mangled a custom IC tube beating it against the ground. If I hadn't, it would have been the fender hood and windshield. This had me so pissed off I was shaking. I just don't have the patience anymore.

I literally got pissed and mangled a custom IC tube beating it against the ground. If I hadn't, it would have been the fender hood and windshield. This had me so pissed off I was shaking. I just don't have the patience anymore.

That's when you need to crack a beer....or 8....

That's the reason I quit drinking. I seriously would have gotten locked up being in my own driveway for beating the piss out of my own car.

I just set the tools down...step away from the car and let it sit for as long as it takes for me to think up another idea and give it a shot. Almost every single time I take a step back, I figure out how to take care of the issue that I spent a couple hours fighting initially.

stupid human behavior.

the nut welded on the lower section of the mount for the "through" bolt was welded slightly off-center.

That was the problem aside from the mount being too tight to saddle the K-member and I had to hammer it on and than slam the motor down on it to make sure it went on. But I can say one side is done.

Thank you for letting me know about the problem you had.

Back