IC piping and tune?

Mont

Hey everyone. I just bought a CAI and a 10% pulley. I would like some info about the piping from the IC to the hat. Is it worth going bigger on those too and where do i get them?

After I do the CAI, pulley and MAYBE the other piping will I need a chip / tune?

Thanks Monte

i dont remmeber exactly what part of the exhaust it was but there is a really restrictive bend that is really bad, exspecially with increased boost. Im sure someone will chime in and give you exacts. BTW i have a full flowmaster exhaust on mine with roughly 5% od and its now pushing 15 pounds, so with a 10 and relatively stock exhaust you are going to have soo much back pressure that the gaskets will pop, maybe not tomorrow, or next month but they will go for sure. Also depends how many miles are on the car right now.

Another thing to think about is heat, our blowers are pretty efficient at creating boost with the stock pulley, anything smaller creates more heat which in turn will affect detonation and the computer pulling timing in order to counteract this. i would say at the very least get an ic fan, or double, and if you can get a front mount. Also with 10% with the stock intake you will starve the blower it will be wanting so much air but can only deliver so much, and if you increase air, and boost you need more fuel eventually

what year is your sc ?

u need to replace the resonator with a good aftermarket one. and then possibly get some new downtubes made, with or without cats.

it would not be worth it to make the sc top to intercooler piping bigger. that will do nothing for you. put an fan on your intercooler, that will help a little. i say you're still going to be pushing it with that 10%, especially if you have a 94-95 sc.

you're going to need to start looking at bigger injectors, a MAF and a tune shortly, if not right now.

its a 90sc. what are the down tubes and what resonator should i get? i want to leave the cats by the way. Also I live at 5400 feet, not sea level so im not going to see as much boost as some of you i dont think.

altitude doesnt affect forced induction cars the way it affects na cars.
our airfuel ration will be the same, a hopeful 14.7 to 1. or at least thats what my tech teachers have taught us for the past 1 1/2 years.

i have long tube headers and Magnaflow's in the rear. What other exhaust do i need?

You need to be a little more specific on the size of your exhaust. For instance I have headers that flow into 21/2" down tubes, dual 21/2" inlet and 31/2" outlet resonator, 31/2" center section spliting into 31/2" inlet and 21/2 outlet flowmasters mufflers. Headers are a perfect start but what size is the rest of your exhaust to the mufflers? I wouldnt run more than 5% for a pulley untill you think about replacing the MAF sensor and TB to a larger size also you will need a better IC to cool things off. You will need a tune at that point for sure. Once the TB and Maf have been replaced you will need more fuel so plan on bigger injectors. It takes quite a bit of money to go fast. Go to the top of the page and hit the search button. Type in My path and look for a thread entitled My path to 450 rwhp. You will find a well written thread by a knowledgable club member of his experences making HP form stock to wild;)

Ken

Back