ic Fan question

RedSC93

So I picked up a 12" Perma-Cool which is a reversible pusher/puller fan, 2300 CFM.. Just wondering if anyone tried something this big on the Intercooler?

Jerry

well the stock intercooler is only about 8" wide. so i'd say that fan is almost worthless on a stock IC.

thats y SCP and spinningwheels sell the perma cool 8" 800 cfm fan.

So I picked up a 12" Perma-Cool which is a reversible pusher/puller fan, 2300 CFM.. Just wondering if anyone tried something this big on the Intercooler?

Jerry

It is a lot of overkill. It would probably work well if you had a custom shroud made so it actually moved 2300 cfm through the core. otherwise its just to big to be any better than a 8" fan I would send it back or sell it and get the 8" perma cool

Ken

Well I won it off ebay new for $52.00 cant beat the price for a perma-cool and for that size and speed, I think when I get it I will have no of an idea what its going to take to make a shroud. I noticed that mostly everyone with the 8" has it mounted in the back sucking air is that correct?

Jerry

I have a 10 inch on my 94 and had to cut the battery tray for it to fit, and it ultimately cut into my battery. I can't imagine a 12" fitting on a 94-95, but maybe the early models have a different battery config... take some measurements first.

Cheers
Bob

Back