M90 Problems

limey

I purchased a brand new M90 blower a month or so back, put it on the car and am now having problems. It seems that i can grab the pulley and slide it in and out the case by about 2mm, i checked the other M90 blower we have and it does the same but to a lesser amount of maybe 1mm. Is this normal that you can move the pulley, it's not the pulley sliding on the shaft, it's the whole pulley and shaft moving together.

Thoughts?

Heck no, that junk yard lasted 1 hour before it seized up!

No hard feelings though, i only wanted the case, but the case was also ruined during the seize up.

That sounds worrisome to me. The shaft is supposed to be pretty tight in the bearings it rides on. That play means that either the shaft is moving in the bearings, the bearings are moving in the housing, or the bearings have play in them. I don't like any of those options, honestly. I mean, it might be okay, but I would keep an eye on it in case it makes any noises, to claim whatever warranty you might have.

Possibly the coupler hub in the case is coming off the shaft?

Fraser

The coupler hub (with the 3 pins) can slide freely in and out of the coupler. It's possible that the coupler hub can come loose from the shaft. But the shaft shouldn't be moving anyway.

Back