stock maf size

brandywine11297

i tried the search function, to no avail. a friend of mine has a 73mm maf off a mustang gt that we are gonna try on my car (i will be getting it for FREE). i am just trying to find out the stock size to see what the difference is. thank any of you guys in advance.

89 to early 91 are 55 mm, later are 70 mm with a centre post.

Is it an aftermarket C&L 73 mm MAF? Don't think that any of the original Mustang units that would fit to an SC intake tube are that size. In any case it needs to be the correct calibration, or you need a tuned EEC chip to go with it.

cheers
Ed N.

if i am not mistaken it is an aftermarket. my car is an 89, so it would make quite a bit of difference. thanks for the help ed.
if he brings it to me soon i will upload some pics.

if i am not mistaken it is an aftermarket. my car is an 89, so it would make quite a bit of difference. thanks for the help ed.
if he brings it to me soon i will upload some pics.

yo, wanna drag that thing on may 16th at darlington ? (not to go off subject :D)

:eek:, just saw how far away u are. well, let me know either way.

Last edited:
i would love to take it to the track. i will probably take it to greer where all my friends run. my car is plain stock except for a cold air intake and alot less restrictive exhaust. it also only has 76,000 miles on it. God i love these cars

right now i am in school monday thru thursday and work friday, saturday and sunday. it sucks. i only get to go to the track in greer or ware shoals on thursday or friday for test and tune. sorry bro.

Back