sun roof problem?

BuRHan90SC

i have been having this problem since couple of days and i m trying to fix it by the book...book says to adjust hash marks on the sunroof i did that but it still doesnt stop by it self where it should be...it jus stops rite before closing as u can see in the video....its not synorized properly or something? i m sure someone probably had this problem as in search i couldnt find any...thanks:)

here is video link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBUGsH1VM_A

I'll have to say get the sun roof glass into the `closed' position, and before installing the motor itself, make sure it's in the `closed' position itself.. but running it You can see the dimple on a plastic disc and the micro switch the runs along it.. the dimple is basically the `closed' position...

If it's a factory sunroof look on the headliner behind the sunroof. You'll see a trap door. The motor is just above the trap door.

ok guys i tried today but i couldnt time it properly...i located the sunroof motor and motor is seems to working fine...but i jus cant figure it out how to align it with glass properly closed..welpp:(

I've got a couple of sunroof assemblies and checked one. The timing is set by a white plastic cam with 2 stop positions and a microswitch. I don't see how it could jump out of time but maybe one of the mounting screws fell out and the motor sagged? The motor is held in by 2 screws and the drive connection is a short splined shaft and socket. You could try putting the sunroof into the closed position and shut off the ignition switch to stop the motor before it can open up again. Then drop the motor and switch back on the ignition till the motor stops on the microswitch and reinstall it. That should retime it. Careful with the headliner. They break easy.

>I've got a couple of sunroof assemblies and checked one. The timing is set by a white plastic cam with 2 stop positions and a microswitch

Early models have one open stop and one closed - late models have two open stops and one closed.

i unbolted the two screws on the motor but i cant pull the motor out? and i dont wanna force it cuz i donno wat else it is connected wit up dere? any advice? thanks :eek:

Last edited:
i unbolted the two screws on the motor but i cant pull the motor out? and i dont wanna force it cuz i donno wat else it is connected wit up dere? any advice? thanks :eek:

Just coax the motor assembly straight down....the drive cog on the motor assembly slides up and onto the shaft for the roof open/close mechanism. The cog can be held snug onto the shaft from pivot tension, dry grease, rust, etc. Once the two screws are out, it will come down, so watch your face.

Also, unless you have three hands, it may be easier to disconnect the harness/connector before you drop the motor assembly.

Back