PDA

View Full Version : you all got me scared...

Mont
04-28-2009, 01:59 AM
so i just bought a CAI from Birdman and a 10% pulley. But I have read alot of posts about not running that pulley right now. Here my mod list so far so let me if you think I will be ok.

Professional Products 75mm Throttle body.
long tube headers.
No res in the exhaust.
Magna-Flow mufflers.
high flow cats.
IC fan.

I know I might need a chip but where do i get one?

THE BIRDMAN
04-28-2009, 07:01 AM
What blower do you have on it? Is it the early model oval port or the late model square port. if it's the square port you could use the 10% if it's the oval port I'd stick with a 5% pulley. And for a tune get up with Dave Dalke you can email him at [email protected] and he can set you up with just about anything you need for our cars performance wise.

Jay

pablon2
04-28-2009, 07:58 AM
With your exhaust you should be fine with 10% OD. If you are running an early model M90 you'll be creating one nice heat pump though. Consider a DIC with puller fan or at least a puller fan for the stock IC for now.

Mont
04-28-2009, 10:51 AM
how do you tell if its oval or square port?

neverfastenough
04-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Do you know the year of the car and if it is the original blower?

275hptbirdsc
04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
I need to figure this out too because the person who I bought my car from claims my engine and blower are both 1995 models but my car is 1990.

pablon2
04-28-2009, 11:44 AM
I need to figure this out too because the person who I bought my car from claims my engine and blower are both 1995 models but my car is 1990.

Look at the rear bottom of the M90 where the inlet plenum attaches. Look to see if the plenum's casting is oval or more rectangular. A bit more intrusive method is to remove the top of the M90 and see if it has coated rotors. You might be able to verify if the rear port is rectangular via this method also. Stock '94-'95 M90s came with coated rotors and a rectangular rear port.

thunderkid84
04-28-2009, 12:13 PM
i wouldn't run 10% on either blower, they will both make alot of heat when you really get on it. a fan on the intercooler will help a little. but ultimately, porting the blower or adding a double ic or a front mount will allow you to run a 10% (less of a risk of detonating or pulling timing, or both)

QuickMustang
04-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Are you still running stock injectors? You would probably be very close to maxing them out with a 10% pulley too...

thunderkid84
04-28-2009, 12:28 PM
dave d said even the stock tune on a bone stock sc puts the injectors close to 100% duty cycle. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98215

so yea u need to start looking at 36# or 42# injectors along with a MAF and tune.

David Neibert
04-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I ran a 10% pulley for a long time with stock injectors and never had a problem.

David

1990XR7SC
04-28-2009, 01:48 PM
ok reading this i got a question... and i don't intend to hijack this thread but can you port the earlier blower ports to match the later models (ie rectangle)?

THE BIRDMAN
04-28-2009, 01:52 PM
ok reading this i got a question... and i don't intend to hijack this thread but can you port the earlier blower ports to match the later models (ie rectangle)?

If your Manny you can lol. But the only way you can port it to match a retangular port is building it up by welding extra material on the rear of the blower.

Jay

Mont
04-28-2009, 02:18 PM
i really cant tell about the oval or square but I talked to the old owner and he said the blower is off a 94 model. There is a tag on it that has a Ford part number. I think it reads... F4SE-6F076-AE Its hard to read it but i think thats it. And what color are the Stock injectors. I have red one there but building Mustangs over the years i have seen red come as 30lb, 36lb and 38lb. If I need to get Ford part number on those i will.

the-big-e
04-28-2009, 02:28 PM
I ran a 10% pulley for a long time with stock injectors and never had a problem.

David

I've been doing the same with mine with no problems......

Scott Long
04-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Both of my SC's have 10% on mild mods. They both feel like dogs in high RPM more than likely due to ACT temps and timing being retarded. I'd go back to stock if had the pulleys.

S_Mazza
04-28-2009, 04:59 PM
i really cant tell about the oval or square but I talked to the old owner and he said the blower is off a 94 model. There is a tag on it that has a Ford part number. I think it reads... F4SE-6F076-AE Its hard to read it but i think thats it. And what color are the Stock injectors. I have red one there but building Mustangs over the years i have seen red come as 30lb, 36lb and 38lb. If I need to get Ford part number on those i will.

F4 means 1994, so that is probably a square-port blower. Congratulations!

The stock 30lb injectors (for 1989-93 cars) are red.

Mont
04-28-2009, 08:13 PM
sweet thats good i guess. I just bought a Wide band gauge so i can watch whats going on. i run my mustangs about 11. to 11.6 what should these SC's run on the air/fuel and wheres the best place to weld in the 02 bung? Thanks for everyones help.

Pacman
04-28-2009, 08:45 PM
I've been doing the same with mine with no problems......

I am too.. BUT i will say it runs alot stronger when its cold outside.

sinhumane
04-29-2009, 12:10 AM
yup, like i discussed wiht you mont, low down it will be spectacular.. but up top, it will be a dog with out some extra cooling. :)

Mont
04-29-2009, 02:24 AM
i just bought a new and better fan for the IC and will be installing it soon. I also bought a AEM wideband so watch things. where should i install the bung and what AF is good and what is Danger? I know what my mustangs should run at with AR but are these cars about the same? Thanks agian for your help...

Oh and im thinking about getting that lower chin spoiler. Does it really work?

David Neibert
04-29-2009, 01:16 PM
i just bought a new and better fan for the IC and will be installing it soon. I also bought a AEM wideband so watch things. where should i install the bung and what AF is good and what is Danger? I know what my mustangs should run at with AR but are these cars about the same? Thanks agian for your help...

Oh and im thinking about getting that lower chin spoiler. Does it really work?

Most people target the WOT A/F ratio to be around 11.7:1.

David

19TbirdSC91
04-29-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm still running stock injectors/fuel pump with the mods in my signature. Had the same set up in my automatic XR7, except for the underdrives and intercooler fan, got it dyno'd at the shootout and it BARELY went lean. They said it wasn't bad enough to cause damage but better fuel system and a tune wouldn't hurt. My car always pulled hard, never seemed to have any issues.