Alcohol injection vs Race Gas

kenewagner

I am currently running alcohol injection in the car. Recently pumped out the old gas in the fuel tank and have 100 octane gas in its place. My car is not a daily driver and I dont go through that much gas so I have decided to keep only 100 octane in the tank. I would assume that the snow system is not really needed anymore if I keep a higher octane fuel in the car. Interested in other opinions as to if this a logical conclusion. I could actually remove the pump and free up a little room under the hood for another hampster or two:D
In the future I am thinking of multiple tunes as I do have a switch to go with my chip. Maybe a race tune with some extra timing and a street tune for just cruising. Anyway just looking for some opinions

Ken

Burning up 100 octane for just cruising seems like a waste. Also you will loose the cooling properties of injecting the Alky into the intake.

i would rather run race gas. Too many people have blown engines due to a part of the alky injection not working properly.

If you need room for more hamsters, you can always relocate the pump to the fender well.

Lets assume your done modding the car. :rolleyes::cool::rolleyes: How many miles a year do you think you will drive the car? Will you ever drive it to Earlville or the shootout? I forget how much more expensive 100 octane race fuel is over 93, but it is something to consider.

kevin brings up a good point. Point 1 Relying on the snow system is likely sooner or later have a malifunction and a damaged engine. The race gas ensures that wont happen. Point 2 One can run a more agressive tune since the octane is higer with the gas than say 92 octane + alcohol. Point 3 No monitering the alcohol level.

I am never going to drive the car to the shootout because of the distance, the racing (always a chance to brake something) Driving a few thousand miles a year, I beleive I can afford the gas. And beside I can alway run a tune with reduced timing to run a low octane should I do some longer drives.

I am just looking for opinions and thoughts on the subject. Keep it coming;)

Ken

I like running the alky on the street with the race tune. Then just use the race fuel and turn off the alky on the track. I have run .2 quicker on race tune with race gas vs 93 octane with alky on race tune.

The alky is good for running your race tune on the street with cheaper gas.

Back