PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Coffee Meet

bigpoppa822
04-29-2009, 02:52 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/of6mpw.jpg

The warm weather is finally here and it's time for Cars & Coffee 3!

Cars & Coffee 2 at Trade Center in Woburn was a MASSIVE success. Three hundred and fifty plus cars and more then five hundred people were in attendance! For our third event in the series, Sam (The Beantown Sound) and (Peter from Yuppieracing.net), have been invited back to Trade Center 128. This lot is very clean and provides us with plenty of parking. Dunkin Donuts, Dana's Café and The Lobby Shop will be open for us.

We would like to give a very special thanks to the event sponsors, Alex and Chris from Driven Perfection. Please make sure to thank them. With out them, the event would not have happened.

*****Important Things To Remember*****
Please be mindful of the surroundings. Place all trash in trash bags, or take it with you when you leave!! The Trade Center has been kind enough to lend us the use of their parking lot. This is a great opportunity for us so be on your best behaviour! We don't want to have to stay behind and collect trash from the parking lot. Absolutely NO DONUTS, NO BURNOUTS, NO RACING!!! KEEP IT CLASSY!!! If you see someone out of line, it's your job to remind them how lucky we are to have a space like this! Police are aware that we will be in the area, please avoid speeding or any wreck less behavior when driving to, or leaving the event. Please limit excessive or unnecessary engine revving in or around the park as the lot is surrounded by a residential area.

And finally spread the word! The more the merrier! We don't know your friends, your next door neighbors, your co-workers; reach out to them, invite them, and we can all gather and share in our passion for fine automobiles. This event will be advertised in the area and at the office park. The event is RAIN OR SHINE. There is a 5 story parking garage with ample space for hundreds of cars. In the event of rain, we will be meeting inside the garage.

Directions: http://www.tradecenter128.com/directions.htm
Available Food: Dunkin' Donuts, Dana's Café, The Lobby Shop
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=75954714748

This is across the highway from the Woburn Movie Theater off exit 35 on 128. From the rotary turn right onto Main St. (Route 38 North). Turn left at first stoplight onto Elm St. Turn left onto Sylvan Rd. and drive past the shopping plaza, then turn right into TradeCenter 128.

Anyone want to go? I'll be there, and definitely the only person with an SC unless some of you guys come.

XxSlowpokexX
04-30-2009, 06:38 PM
When is it? Maybe We can get a few to drive down (or up I should say)

bigpoppa822
04-30-2009, 07:17 PM
When is it? Maybe We can get a few to drive down (or up I should say)

Sunday, May 17th at the Trade center 128 in Woburn, MA. There is a link for directions to there in the first post. I've been to this place before, I work right down the street and live in the next town over, it's a cool venue. I've heard there are a ton of cars that show up and these shows are getting pretty big, Ferraris and Lamborghinis are not uncommon too.

XxSlowpokexX
04-30-2009, 11:54 PM
maybe well make a trip sounds cool

fastsc92
05-01-2009, 04:51 AM
a few years ago (when the SC was actually on the road...) I went to one of their meets that drove from Braintree to the Cape. It was a blast. Pretty much a fun cruise, taking a line of 100+cars on the highway. The thing that stunk was that you had to do 100+ to keep up with everyone, which defeated the purpose of the cruise. Title says it all...99% of the people are yuppies, with big money and fast cars. Still a good time.

bigpoppa822
05-01-2009, 01:58 PM
a few years ago (when the SC was actually on the road...) I went to one of their meets that drove from Braintree to the Cape. It was a blast. Pretty much a fun cruise, taking a line of 100+cars on the highway. The thing that stunk was that you had to do 100+ to keep up with everyone, which defeated the purpose of the cruise. Title says it all...99% of the people are yuppies, with big money and fast cars. Still a good time.

Yeah we're not doing a cruise, I got offered to go on a Kanc cruise with New England Motorsport but I knew that would be full of idiots with fast cars, so I'd rather just hang out and look at a lot of cool cars. I've also met and hung out with the owner of the website yuppieracing.net and he's really cool, I was expecting a lot of stuck up rich guys but everyone I met was cool.

bigpoppa822
05-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Anyone still interested in coming?

Mikessupercoupe
05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I'd be interested in going I just need to make an adjustment in my schedule but I think its doable. It would be nice to see some of the SC crowd. Maybe some New Englanders will be there? Now if Damon can make it I know he'll bring some more with him.

Mike:D

bigpoppa822
05-14-2009, 01:27 PM
As far as I know right now I have the only SC that will be there. This show is going to be huge with a lot of really nice cars in attendance. I've already heard about a few confirmations, including 5 new GTRs and an Audi R8, and there is a chance a Porsche Carrera GT and McClaren F1 will be there as well.

fastsc92
05-14-2009, 01:55 PM
if i had a car i'd be there...

XxSlowpokexX
05-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I didnt sign up but still thinking of going...To late to sign up?

bigpoppa822
05-15-2009, 10:03 AM
I didnt sign up but still thinking of going...To late to sign up?

No sign up Damon, you just show up and park your car.

XxSlowpokexX
05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
4 hour ride for me...I gotta see wbout this!

fastsc92
05-15-2009, 12:34 PM
it's about 15 min north of boston.....

SCrazy
05-15-2009, 02:45 PM
if i had a car i'd be there...

I'm with J

bigpoppa822
05-15-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm with J

What's the matter with you and Jay's cars?

SCrazy
05-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Mines in pieces again.....bettter...stronger...faster...

Should be back together in a few weeks.

Cam
Springs
Pistons
MSD Ignition
yada..yada..yada..

bigpoppa822
05-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Mines in pieces again.....bettter...stronger...faster...

Should be back together in a few weeks.

Cam
Springs
Pistons
MSD Ignition
yada..yada..yada..

What's the matter Brian? 11's isn't good enough? lol

Are you going to make it up to NED this summer? I'm planning on going quite a bit to get some good seat time in my car.

SCrazy
05-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Definately going to NED....I'm really looking forward to getting up there.

fastsc92
05-15-2009, 07:57 PM
What's the matter with you and Jay's cars?

Jay has no car....