Getting close!

pablon2

After 5 months of working on it (did all the work myself, but had enrolled in the Dalke R&R consultation program :p), I am nearly ready to fire up the SC once again. Hasn't run since 8/23. Work included a complete engine teardown, installing new main, cam, and rod bearings, new cam, new timing chain set (p.s. don't use a tensioner with the Morana double roller chain set [it snapped off the non-tension end of the tensioner and I found it laying in my oil pan]), FMIC, pre-SC SNOW 175ml nozzle, tranny fluid drain and refill with new filter (of course), uncoated rotors installed in the MPX, rebuilt snout, quick change ESM 10% OD SC pulley (I'll now be running 30% OD), and a new aluminum radiator. Oh yeah, almost forgot, installed a new set of horns to replace the embarrassingly wimpy stock horn). If the cam doesn't seize when I run it the first time or if the tranny doesn't fry :), I'll take my mocked-up dual 2.5" exhaust in to get welded up and will then bolt that on. Then, I'll start saving up for a Lentech VB.

Attachments

• DSCN3386.JPG
    DSCN3386.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN3384.JPG
    DSCN3384.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN3385.JPG
    DSCN3385.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 100
After 5 months of working on it (did all the work myself, but had enrolled in the Dalke R&R consultation program :p), I am nearly ready to fire up the SC once again. Hasn't run since 8/23. Work included a complete engine teardown, installing new main, cam, and rod bearings, new cam, new timing chain set (p.s. don't use a tensioner with the Morana double roller chain set [it snapped off the non-tension end of the tensioner and I found it laying in my oil pan]), FMIC, pre-SC SNOW 175ml nozzle, tranny fluid drain and refill with new filter (of course), uncoated rotors installed in the MPX, rebuilt snout, quick change ESM 10% OD SC pulley (I'll now be running 30% OD), and a new aluminum radiator. Oh yeah, almost forgot, installed a new set of horns to replace the embarrassingly wimpy stock horn). If the cam doesn't seize when I run it the first time or if the tranny doesn't fry :), I'll take my mocked-up dual 2.5" exhaust in to get welded up and will then bolt that on. Then, I'll start saving up for a Lentech VB.

Guess we wont be seeing you at the club clash? Takes time to do a lot of changes, dont it;) Looking forward to seeing the results

Ken

Guess we wont be seeing you at the club clash? Takes time to do a lot of changes, dont it;) Looking forward to seeing the results

Ken

Yes it does. You know as much as anyone. :) Naw, the car won't be going to Earlville for the spring clash as it won't be tuned. I was thinking about going without the car, but the wife wants the garden put in this weekend. :eek:

What go fast upgrades have you done since pulling the numbers listed below ?

David

FMIC with 3" piping and dual 8" puller fans, different cam, 30% OD instead of the original 25%, 175ml SNOW pre-SC nozzle (Might offset the switch back to uncoated rotors), and before I tune/dyno dual 2.5" exhaust and KB BAP. Most of these I'd consider as 'go fast' parts. One other change is I am going back to the stock coil as I broke one of the plastic holders on the Screamin' Demon coil pack bolting up the accessory bracket. (it fell down and hit the front supports and snapped). The reviews have been mixed on the Demon coil so I don't expect the change to set me back any.

Last edited:
OKAY!! I finished the car today. :D I primed the fuel pump 2x and then it fired right up. Purrs like a cat....a BIG cat. :p I took it for a drive and the A/F looked great. I never went above 10psi and 3000 rpm though. Nice and easy. Tomorrow it gets a washing.

Last edited:
What are all the wires up by the wiper cowl?

Green wire is to the MAF for the SNOW system. Blue was for a nitrous purge selenoid. The white-looking thing is actually a tube for my Autometer boost/vac gauge. Maybe this season I'll take some time to clean up the wires in the bay.

Back